Former chief accountant of PetroVietnam Transportation Corporation Nguyễn Thị Kim Anh. — Photo vietnamplus.vn HÀ NỘI — Police have started criminal proceedings against former chief accountant of PetroVietnam Transportation Corporation (PVTrans) for abusing her position and power to appropriate property. The move is related to the second phase of an investigation into the case of Hà Văn Thắm, former chairman of the Board of Directors of the Ocean Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OceanBank) and his accomplices. Former chief accountant Nguyễn Thị Kim Anh, who was also head of the financial department at PVTrans, was detained on Tuesday for questioning. Police also launched legal proceedings against the case at PVTrans and OceanBank and continued investigation into the bank’s customers which are organisations and individuals who earned extra interest rates not stated in contracts. The Hà Nội People’s Court in late April this year handed down a 10-year jail term to Hà Văn Thắm for “breaching accounting regulations causing serious consequences”. Former Deputy General Director of OceanBank Lê Thị Thu Thủy (who is spending four years behind bars in another case) got two years imprisonment for the same charge. The court also gave prison terms of 18 to 20 months to five other defendants…. Read full this story
- Bail and Criminal Proceedings
- Criminal and Civil Law Cases Are Different
- Finding a Great Accountant For Your Small Business
- Expungement of Criminal Records in New Jersey
- Public Criminal Records and How to Know For Sure That You Are Safe and Secure
- The Criminal Court Process in England and Wales
- Is it Legal to Search Public Criminal Records?
- Criminal Exposure Under Sarbanes
- Criminal Defendants on Trial - Under Immediate Arrest
- What Happens in Juvenile Criminal Cases?
Criminal proceedings launched against former chief accountant of PVTrans have 301 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.