In an article published May 19, Chinese newspaper Global Times reported that China’s navy had used a new technology to harvest 750 kilograms of vegetables on an feature of the so-called Xisha Islands, a name illegally given by China to Vietnam’s Hoang Sa (Paracel) Islands.The newspaper claimed that China being able to harvest vegetables on the island “counters international theories, including those in a 2016 arbitration, that islands in the South China Sea could not support communities of their own,” and therefore reinforces Beijing’s claim that the structures it illegally occupies in the Hoang Sa Islands are proper islands with exclusive economic zone and continental shelf.Ca, former director of the Vietnam Institute of Seas and Islands under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment’s Administration of Seas and Islands, dismissed this argument saying it was just China’s latest move in its efforts to “legitimize” its illegal claims in the East Sea, known internationally as the South China Sea.Ca, now an associate professor at the Hanoi University of Natural Resources and Environment, said that with the latest move, China wants to prove that the geographical features in the Hoang Sa Islands meet the condition of being able to “sustain human habitation or… Read full this story
- China is resorting to new forms of bullying in the East Sea
- US expert condemns China’s violations in Vietnam’s EEZ
- China Is Leasing an Entire Pacific Island. Its Residents Are Shocked.
- China extends influence in Pacific as Solomon Islands break with Taiwan
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- South China Sea: Vietnam vows to 'fight' for its territory in severe blow to Xi Jinping
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- Will send troops on 'suicide mission': Philippine President threatens China
- Vietnam bans ‘Abominable’ movie over South China Sea map
China's ‘vegetable cultivation’ on Vietnam's islands a bogus ploy have 318 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.