Exports shrink to lowest in first half of May Exports totalled 8.22 billion USD in the first half of May, the lowest recorded on a fortnightly basis since the beginning of this year excluding the last two weeks of January when the Tet holiday took place. According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, sharp declines have been seen in a number of key export items, such as phones and parts, down 16.9 percent, and machinery, tools and components, down 14.5 percent. Meanwhile, imports rose 1.9 percent to 9.2 billion USD during the period. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused disruptions to global supply chains, considerably affecting Vietnam’s import and export import activities, the ministry said. Foreign trade will bounce back in the second half of 2020 if the disease is brought under control by the end of the second quarter, it added./. Vietnam – emerging tiger in Asia: Egyptian media In the economic aspect, The Egyptian Gazette noted Vietnam is viewed as an emerging tiger in Asia with a GDP growth rate of over 7% in 2019, annual per capita income approximating US$2,800, and household poverty rate brought down to 1.45%. Regarding the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the newspapers said the… Read full this story
- AEW News: Jon Moxley possibly targets WWE in a scathing promo
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Review: Is It Good for Business?
- Wow! 27 Hemi ‘Cuda & Challenger Convertibles In One Place!
- A matter of timing: Hogs' Chadwick on track for busy Saturday
- MLB winter meetings rumors, updates: Marlins lower asking price for J.T. Realmuto; Mariners remain open for business
- NBA Power Rankings: No. 1 Warriors, rising Nuggets headline most pleasant surprises for each team around the league
- NFL RedZone companion, week 16: Saints-Steelers headlines as Cowboys can clinch NFC East against Bucs
- Conor McGregor News: Who Will The UFC Star Fight Next? A Look At One Possible Opponentent
- College basketball rankings: A busy Saturday will settle conference races and impact the Top 25 And 1
- Duke recruit Wendell Moore headlines All-Observer boys basketball team
BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 27 have 342 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.