Another heat wave is sweeping across the northern and central regions of Vietnam, with temperatures reaching 40 degrees Celsius and UV levels hazardous to human health. Northern and central regions are bracing for another heat wave The National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting (NCHMF) reported on May 30 a low pressure is expanding southward, and together with the foehn effect it will cause another heat wave in the northern and central regions. Temperatures are forecast to range between 35 and 38 degrees Celsius in the plain and between 38-40 degrees Celsius in the mountain. The hot spell is likely to increase its intensity in both regions, especially in the central region on June 1. After having enjoyed mild weather for several days, the capital city of Hanoi will see temperatures rise to 35-37 degrees Celsius as from May 30. Temperatures in several places in the capital will even hit a high of 38 degrees Celsius, while humidity is to fall to 40-45%. The UV index is forecast to reach between 7 and 9, sometimes 10 and 11 in big cities, posing health risks to people working outside. The NCHMF warned about a high risk of fires and explosions in residential… Read full this story
- Denver’s heat wave eases, cooler temperatures on the radar Thursday
- Denver heat wave produces record temperatures yet again
- Denver extends heat wave record for September with ninth consecutive 90-degree day
- Cloudy, rainy weather may not stop Denver’s heat wave as previously forecast
- Heat wave comes to an end as heavy rains, wind batter Front Range
- Heat wave prompts Haverhill, Lawrence schools to issue early dismissals this week
- Industry study finds solar saved big bucks during July heat wave
- How to keep cool during the heat wave
- As global temperatures rise, already dry Los Angeles will feel the heat
- Thunderstorms will end tonight and the heat wave is over!
Another heat wave strikes VN, temperatures rise to 40 again have 313 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.