A geothermal heat pump installation owned by GDE (Source: antara) Jakarta (VNA) – The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan worth 300 million USD to help PT Geo Dipa Energi (GDE), an Indonesian state-owned company, expand its geothermal power generation. In its May 28 announcement, ADB said that it will also manage a 35 million USD loan from the Clean Technology Fund for the project. GDE will use these loans to investing in expanding its geothermal power generation capacity by 110 megawatts in Java, the country’s largest electricity grid, through the construction and commission of two geothermal plants at Dieng in Central Java and Patuha in West Java. GDE President Director Riki Ibrahim said that the Geothermal Power Generation Project, recognized as a National Strategic Project by the government, will provide environmentally friendly base-load electricity to the Java–Bali electricity grid, reducing CO2 emissions by more than 700,000 tonnes per year. The project will build critical geothermal experience in Indonesia and contribute to the government’s efforts to attract private-sector investment in the sector by reducing early-stage project development risk. The project, approved amid the COVID-19 pandemic, will help ensure that Indonesia’s economic recovery will be green, sustainable, and resilient,… Read full this story
- ADB projects Indonesia’s economic growth at 2.5 percent
- Postgraduate works in mountainous village to help hometown develop
- China helping Africa develop robust healthcare systems
- Coronavirus pandemic | ADB hikes COVID-19 financial aid to $20 bn for member nations
- 'Indonesia is seeing a new corporate colonialism'
- APP writes to power min, seeks coal payment deferment amid lockdown
- Thermal power PLF could fall below 55 pc level in FY21
- Reduced power demand has impacted grid’s off-take capability of wind and solar power: Prabhajit Sarkar, MD & CEO, PXIL
- NHL Power Rankings: Most surprising playoff performances
- Tamil Nadu: MSMEs demand waiver of power bills for 3 months
ADB helps Indonesia develop geothermal power have 314 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.