243 pregnant women were among more than 340 Vietnamese citizens repatriated from Taiwan amid the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic on Friday. A Vietnam Airlines flight, the 14th flight of its kind arranged since April 24, carrying 343 Vietnamese people from Taiwan landed in Da Nang on Friday, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The passengers, including pregnant women, children, and elderly people whose visa had expired, received medical examination and were brought to a quarantined facility in the neighboring province of Quang Nam after arriving. Nguyen Van Hai, director of the Quang Nam health department, said on Saturday morning that all 343 returnees had been sampled for COVID-19 testing on the same day. Hai did not mention when their results will be announced. The director said the provincial health sector had prepared adequate facilities and equipment to accommodate those quarantined, especially the expecting mothers, during their isolation. “In case a pregnant woman goes into labor [during the quarantine period], she will be taken to the medical center of Thang Binh District, which is the nearest medical facility with an isolation area fully equipped to support these women,” he said. The Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and relevant agencies have so far arranged 14 flights to bring home nearly… Read full this story
- Should Expectant Mothers Use Air Purifiers?
- Woman shares heartbreaking photos of her stillborn baby son to warn other expectant mothers about the dangers of Type 1 diabetes in pregnancy
- Manchester bomber's brother brought home after UK negotiates 'sensitive' deal
- Aylan's tragic death has brought home the horror of the refugee crisis
- VOV to broadcast national team’s home World Cup qualifiers
- Vietnam exports 14,200 tonnes of tea to Taiwan in nine months
- All 39 UK truck victims were Vietnamese
- Vietnamese expats in UK mourn victims of lorry tragedy
- Vietnamese farm products to be displayed in France
- Chinese activities in East Sea leading to more discontent among Vietnamese
243 expecting mothers among Vietnamese citizens brought home from Taiwan have 324 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.