Many young Vietnamese are working hard to preserve Vietnam’s traditional arts with a hope of promoting the unique values of Vietnam to a wider public, both at home and abroad. A number of non-profit projects have been initiated by young people across Vietnam to promote traditional art forms while keeping their values intact. These include a project on hát bội or Vietnamese classical opera, featuring more than 40 artists and approximately 100 volunteers working in different fields. The organizers wanted to invite art and culture enthusiasts to join a variety of activities, including a contemporary exhibition, a performance, and workshops. “It’s very encouraging that there is a growing number of young Vietnamese who are passionate about exploring traditional arts and developing their values. I’m very proud to be part of their projects and happy to see how creative and passionate they are,” Emeritus Artist Thanh Loc told VOV. It has never been easy to draw young people’s attention to traditional art forms amid strong foreign cultural influences. At a recent national festival, the organizers were pleasantly surprised by the participation of many young artists whose performances have won the audience’s hearts. “I knew nothing about this art form in the… Read full this story
- Traditional artists sing out in fight against coronavirus
- Hope For Creativity Celebrates Book with Gallery Exhibition
- Matthew Barney's Cremaster Cycle: nine hours of 'challenging' art on film
- Performers with disability reflect on the state of access in Australia's arts
- Is Nobuyoshi Araki's photography art or porn?
- Commentary: Remembering the man whose landmark 1976 exhibition insisted: Black art matters
- Thomas Kinkade: the secret life and strange death of art's king of twee
- 30th Annual Manayunk Arts Festival: What You Need To Know
- Emin pays £4m to save art district
- Charles Saatchi: the man who reinvented art
Youngsters fuel hope for revival of traditional arts have 316 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 4, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.