Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (middle) holds phone talks with Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang on April 2, 2020. Photo: VGP
The two leaders briefed each other about recent situations and outcomes of the COVID-19 prevention and control work in respective countries.
PM Phuc congratulated and highly valued China’s great achievements in the COVID-19 fight under the leadership of the Chinese Communist Party with Party General Secretary and State President Xi Jinping as the core leader, the effective administration of Premier Li and the Chinese Government, the active engagement of the Chinese people, and China’s international cooperation in this work.
Phuc stressed Viet Nam’s fight against the COVID-19 has been deployed drastically from central to local levels under the spirit of fighting epidemic like fighting enemies.
Viet Nam has still controlled the situation and been actively in containing the spread of the virus while trying to ensure social security and safety for Vietnamese and foreign citizens, Phuc said.
He extended thanks for China’s assistance through exchanging experience and providing medical supplies to Viet Nam.
Meanwhile, Premier Li spoke highly of Viet Nam’s preventive measures which have been implemented effectively, thus helping the Southeast Asian nation to control the situation well.
Li thanked for Viet Nam’s support for China’s fight against the pandemic, with PM Phuc extending his sympathies very early, and Vietnamese ministries, sectors and localities providing help in various form.
He announced that China will offer aid and medical supplies to help Viet Nam.
Both sides agreed to adhere to protecting health and ensuring legitimate rights and interests of their nationals living in each country.
Regarding international cooperation in response to the COVID-19, Phuc affirmed that as the current ASEAN Chair, Viet Nam has exchanged ways to foster cooperation among ASEAN member States and between the bloc and its partners, including in the ASEAN Plus 3 mechanism.
Le said China has been active in international cooperation in response to the pandemic and supports Viet Nam’s initiatives and efforts in rallying global solidarity in this fight.
The two leaders also underlined the significance of the Viet Nam-China relations, affirming their wish for further advancing the comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership between the two countries.
- Abe, Xi hold phone talks over N. Korea nuclear issue
- Chinese-backed developer stalks Grocon's Barangaroo interest
- This PM Modi’s Russia visit is different from earlier ones: Indian envoy
- Here's how the US has paralyzed Chinese phone maker ZTE
- Trump discussing deal to help Chinese phone firm ZTE save jobs
- Chinese investors and the cult of Warren Buffett
- In a first, Japanese and Chinese leaders talk by phone
- Teen killed while on phone with mom
- Chinese University lifts ban on miniskirts and hotpants after student outcry
- President Trump just saved embattled Chinese phone maker ZTE
- China vows to defend its own interests as trade talks resume with US
- PM Modi to visit Russia today
- PM Narendra Modi departs for Russia
- Microsoft demos its Xiaoice assistant talking to humans on the phone
- Campaign closes: BJP fields big guns, Rahul Gandhi holds Congress fort
- A film about Boise's "Chinese tunnels" was tantalizing but had no sound. Until now.
- Armenian PM says due to have phone call with Georgian counterpart
- El Pollo Loco Holdings, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Ramzan Ceasefire by Centre Allows PM Modi to Initiate Fresh Round of Political Dialogue in J&K
- ‘My bad’: Anchorage fight announcer’s blooper goes viral
Vietnamese, Chinese PMs hold phone talks over COVID-19 fight have 577 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.