Trade Vietnam proceeds with EVFTA ratification The Saigon Times Tuesday, Apr 7, 2020,19:48 (GMT+7) Vietnam proceeds with EVFTA ratificationThe Saigon Times Workers process fish for export to the European Union at a company in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – The National Assembly Standing Committee (NASC) has asked the prime minister to assign ministries and other relevant agencies to complete the paperwork for the ratification of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) to submit to the NASC at its 44th meeting, scheduled for mid-April. Once ratified by the National Assembly of Vietnam, the agreement, which eliminates over 99% of all tariffs between the two sides, will take effect. According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the EVFTA was approved by the European Council on March 30 after the European Parliament’s ratification on February 12. This decision clears the path, on the European Union side, for the agreement to come into force. The ministry has worked with other ministries and departments to take the next steps for the ratification of the agreement on the Vietnamese side. The ministry submitted paperwork on the EVFTA ratification to the Government on February 21. After adjusting it based on the suggestions of… Read full this story
- Vietnam's PM looking to boost trade ties with the EU
- EU and Vietnam: free trade with conditions?
- Xayaburi dam project proceeds as protest grows
- The long shadow of the Vietnam War
- The pros and cons of the Trans-Pacific Partnership pact
- Obama's Pacific trade pact moves a step closer to reality
- 'A rights declaration that does not deserve the name'
- Single market 'may aggravate inequalities' in ASEAN
- Hernando news briefs for Sept. 20
- Suncook Valley town crier for Sept. 15, 2019
Vietnam proceeds with EVFTA ratification have 291 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.