The V.League 1 could be back in action in May, if the COVID-19 pandemic eases.
|The V.League 1 2020 could return in the third week of May. — Photo thethao247.vn|
Tran Anh Tu, chairman of Vietnam Professional Football (VPF), says they are penciling in the third week of next month to restart matches.
No decision has been made if the games will be played behind closed doors once the season resumes.
"The current outbreak of Covid-19 is still complicated," said Tu.
"Therefore, we still have to wait, based on the situation, then we will have the final solution," said Tú.
Earlier, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, chairman of Vietnam Football Federation Le Khanh Hai asked the VFF and VPF to meet and recommend the best plans to ensure the safety and health of the players.
Hai said: "I hope that if the situation improves and the tournament will be able to return from the end of May or soon after.
"If the pandemic continues into July it will be very difficult." — VNS
- Women’s professional softball league returns to Satsuma
- Pearl River softball sweeps weekly honors
- Popovich on the verge of return
- National Basketball League CEO in favor of Andrew Bogut playing for the Warriors again next season
- Women’s Golf Captures Fifth Straight Liberty League Title
- Wilcox Named SEC Freshman Of The Week
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to jail as 6-week bail expires
- Milwaukee-area baseball rankings, weekly honors for May 13
- Astros send top prospect to minor league injured list
- A's Marcus Semien AL Player of the week
- Collegiate baseball league expands, season picks up steam
- Yankees’ Aaron Judge about to return: 4 things you need to know
- Izzo: The Summit League is stable, for now
- Jimmer Fredette leaves Warriors’ summer-league team
- Empire return from break refreshed, ready to go
- 5 can’t miss Tri-Valley League football games in the 2019 season
- Capitol Weekly’s Top 100: Ten years and counting
- Oregon Ducks put their hot streak up against league-leading Stanford: Diamonds & Dust
- Josh Huestis an NBA free agent, but returns healthy outlook
- Wednesday’s NBA notebook: Cousins unlikely to return this year
V.League 1 may return in third week of May have 342 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.