Hanoi (VNA) – US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on April 23 criticised recent actions of China in the East Sea, including its announcement of the establishment of "Xisha district" (Vietnam's Hoang Sa (Paracel) archipelago) and "Nansha district" ( Vietnam 's Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago) within the so-called "Sansha city," and China coast guard vessel’s sinking of a Vietnamese fishing boat.
Earlier, just hours prior to a video conference between the Foreign Ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the US on April 22, Pompeo also stressed that US strongly opposed China's bullying behaviour against neighbouring countries in the recent past.
Also on April 23, Malaysia n Foreign Minister Hishammuddin Hussein issued a statement on the East Sea issue, saying all concerned parties must work together to maintain peace, security and stability in the East Sea and increase efforts to build, maintain and enhance mutual trust.
Malaysia held a view that the East Sea should be maintained as a sea of peace and trade. Therefore, matters relating to the sea m us t be resolved peacefully based on the principles of international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982, he said./.
- President Donald Trump’s 2019 State of the Union address: Read full transcript
- Here’s the Transcript for Trump’s State of the Union Address
- Read a transcript of Trump’s 2019 State of the Union speech
- Full Text: President Trump's State of the Union Address
- Transcript: Trump’s State of the Union, Annotated
- President Trump's State of the Union Address: read the speech
- Donald Trump's 2019 State of the Union Address Full Text: Read President's Speech to Congress
- Read, watch: President Trump's State of the Union address
- Read President Trump’s Full State of the Union Speech Here
US condemns China's recent actions in East Sea have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.