MANCHESTER CITY and Tottenham are both interested in Rangers midfield sensation Ianis Hagi, the player’s agent claimed.
The 21-year-old – son of Romanian legend Gheorghe Hagi- made the switch to Ibrox from parent-club Genk in January on a six-month loan.
And he started his spell in Scotland in fine form with three goals and two assists in his 12 appearances.
Rangers do have the option to make the deal permanent in the summer for £4.5million.
But now his agent suggests they look set to face competition from the pair of Premier League heavyweights – but knows who he thinks are favourites to land his man in the summer.
Giovani Becali said: “I have been asked personally by Jose Mourinho and [City director of football] Txiki Begiristain about Ianis Hagi.
“They wanted to know about him and how he was getting on.
“There’s a lot of top people in European football who know all about Ianis and what he can do.
“I happen to think Ianis is on a good plan at Rangers.
“I think Rangers will sign him because he is a player who has that little extra piece of creativity and skill.
“He has many other qualities and is actually more graceful than his father ever was.
“He runs like a gazelle compared to him! I think he is improving all the time at Rangers.
“He will continue to get better if he signs for them I think.”
But the chance to pick up the Genk youngster would certainly appeal to both Pep Guardiola and Mourinho.
Hagi Snr spent two years at the Bernabeu from 1990 to 1992 and then the 1994/95 and 1995/96 seasons at rivals Barca, winning the Supercopa de Espana at both clubs.
Latest transfer news
Arsenal news LIVE: Latest updates and gossip from the Emirates
Chelsea news LIVE: All the latest gossip and updates from Stamford Bridge
Man Utd news LIVE: All the latest gossip and transfer updates from Old Trafford
Real hope to offload misfits Bale and Rodriguez to slash £66m of wage bill
Wilson says he doesn’t deserve to be linked to Prem transfer after poor form
Man Utd on alert as Bournemouth prepare to sell Wilson, King and Brooks
GRIEZ OUR PALMS
PSG ‘ready to sell Neymar to Barca but want Griezmann as part of deal’
His son came through at his very own esteemed football academy based in Romania before being picked up by Viitorul Constanta.
After breaking into the first team, he left in 2016 for Serie A side Fiorentina but it did not quite work out as planned, making just two league appearances, and he returned to his former side after one season.
Hagi signed for Genk last summer before but is already showing the talent to progress beyond the Belgian top flight.
- Chelsea close in on big double signing while Manchester United agree terms with top target: Premier League transfer rumours
- Transfer deadline day LIVE: Liverpool striker set to leave as Everton trying to complete fourth deadline day signing
- Transfer deadline day LIVE: Liverpool striker joins Southampton as Everton face anxious wait over Chelsea defender deal
- Manchester United set to sign central-defender as Leicester vow to keep Maguire: Premier League transfer rumours
- Transfer deadline day LIVE: Everton complete THREE late signings including Manchester United target
- Transfer deadline day LIVE: Everton close in on Barcelona duo and ANOTHER Manchester United target: rumours
- Summer cinema: 'FJI' previews the season's movie offerings, from blockbusters to indies
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- Summer sneak preview: Superheroes and returning franchises enliven 2012 slate
- FrightFest 2018: THE RANGER Opens, CLIMAX Closes Record-Breaking Edition, Full Line-Up Announced
- FrightFest 2018: THE RANGER Opens, CLIMAX Closes Record-Breaking 19th Edition, Full Line-Up Announced
- Summer fare '09: 'X-Men,' 'Terminator' and 'Star Trek' are just the beginning
- Summer sneak preview: Star vehicles and sequels lead a promising lineup
- Why 'Psychokinesis' Is the Antidote to Summer Superhero Movie Fatigue
- Five movie blockbusters you’re sure to see this summer — and five oddballs to watch along with them
- ‘I told him I’d never been on Twitter...I had to convince him it wasn’t me!’
- North or South London – Which Is Better?
- ‘It was an easy decision’ – Judge becomes Town’s sixth January signing
- Judge becomes Town’s sixth January signing
- January 2009
Tottenham and Man City set for summer transfer battle for Rangers sensation Ianis Hagi, claims midfielder’s agent have 786 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.