The former press secretary for Sen. Bernie SandersBernie SandersDemocrat-backed candidate wins Wisconsin Supreme Court race Biden beats Sanders in Wisconsin primary The Hill’s Campaign Report: Sanders endorses Biden for president MORE’s (I-Vt.) presidential campaign said Monday that she would not endorse former Vice President Joe BidenJoe BidenDemocrat-backed candidate wins Wisconsin Supreme Court race Trump uses coronavirus briefing to fire back at critics Biden beats Sanders in Wisconsin primary MORE, shortly after Sanders appeared in an online video to announce his support for his former rival in the general election against President TrumpDonald John TrumpSenate committee to investigate origin of, response to coronavirus pandemic Amash teases possibility of third-party presidential bid Overnight Health Care: Trump fires back at critics during briefing | Trump claims he has authority on when to reopen states | Governors form groups to discuss plans | Fauci offers support to Trump | House delays return MORE.
Briahna Joy Gray, who was Sanders’s national spokeswoman until the campaign was suspended last week, has become a Twitter sensation in recent days for her searing attacks against Biden.
On Monday, just minutes after Sanders and Biden held a joint press conference to talk about how they would work together to defeat Trump, Gray responded on Twitter by saying she would not endorse Biden.
With the utmost respect for Bernie Sanders, who is an incredible human being & a genuine inspiration, I don’t endorse Joe Biden. #MedicareForAll, cancelling ALL student debt, & a wealth tax. Biden supports none of those.
— Briahna Joy Gray (@briebriejoy) April 13, 2020
The tweet underscores the work Biden has ahead of him to win over some of Sanders’s most ardent supporters, who insist they will not turn out for Biden simply as an alternative to Trump.
In their joint press conference, Biden and Sanders acknowledged their policy differences, particularly on the issue of “Medicare for All,” the signature issue energizing the left.
But Sanders said he would put aside his policy differences with Biden, and the two agreed to set up policy working committees to move the party toward achieving Sanders’s progressive goals.
In addition, Sanders urged his younger supporters to put aside their disappointment and called on them to work to ensure Trump is a one-term president.
Biden made a direct plea to Sanders’s young base of supporters, saying he would do whatever it takes to win their votes.
“To your supporters: I see you, I hear you, I understand the urgency of what it is that we have to get done in this country, and I hope you’ll join us,” Biden said.
Polls show that Biden has more than 90 percent support among Democratic voters.
At the same time, there is a small but vocal contingent of influential left-wing Twitter and YouTube personalities who are deeply hostile toward Biden, and might become an issue for his campaign as the general election heats up.
Over the weekend, Gray detailed over Twitter why she would not support Biden.
- Michelle Obama Won't Endorse Joe Biden (Yet)
- The Gloves Are Off Between Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden
- Dick Swett Is All Over Joe Biden's Presidential Candidacy
- 'We're not electing a planner': Joe Biden snipes at Elizabeth Warren's 'I have a plan for that' campaign as she overtakes him in Democratic primary polls
- Joe Biden claims he's getting 'beat up because I'm not the socialist' as Democrats worry his presidential primary campaign will flop in Iowa caucuses
- Joe Biden in Danger of Humiliating Loss in Iowa, Top Democrats Warn
- Joe Biden Is Scared
- Don't Stick Your Neck Out for Joe Biden
- Dianne Feinstein Wins the 'Worst Possible Defense of Joe Biden' Challenge
- Keller @ Large: Joe Biden’s Lead Among Democrats Is Growing
- Joe Biden's Creaky Old Coalition Won't Last Forever
- Elizabeth Warren Leads Joe Biden in Latest Iowa Poll
- How Delaware Explains What's Wrong With Joe Biden
- Democrats Accuse Joe Biden of Taking $200,000 to Help Re-Elect Republican to Congress
- Joe Biden's Lobbyist Money Pledge Is a Farce
- Joe Biden Wants To Be The Donald Trump For White People Who Don't Like Donald Trump
- Joe Biden Defends NAFTA Support: ‘It Made Sense at the Moment’
- Catholic Joe Biden is DENIED Holy Communion during 9am mass at South Carolina church by priest who claimed former VP 'advocates for abortion'
- Who Will Call Out Joe Biden's Bullshit?
- Fuck You Again, Joe Biden
Sanders campaign spokeswoman: 'I don't endorse Joe Biden' have 722 words, post on thehill.com at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.