Shanghai-based Chinese automaker SAIC Motor reported annual net profit decline for the first time since its listing in 2011, according to a Wednesday report from Securities Daily.
SAIC’s net profit attributable to shareholders dropped 28.9 percent year-on-year to 25.6 billion yuan ($3.63 billion) in 2019, and its revenue registered 826.53 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 6.88 percent, as per the company’s latest annual report.
The automaker sold 6.24 million new vehicles in 2019, a year-on-year fall of 11.5 percent, among which its passenger cars sells suffered a 12.7 percent decline year-on-year to 5.38 million units.
Its three joint ventures, namely Shanghai General Motors Wuling, SAIC-GM, and SAIC Volkswagen, all witnessed falling sales, down 19.42 percent, 18.78 percent and 3.07 percent, respectively, the annual report showed.
The company’s first quarter sales in 2020 plunged 55.7 percent year-on-year to about 679,000 units, worse than the country’s 42.4 percent decrease in car sales, data from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers showed.
On the other hand, the auto maker had a sales boost in new energy vehicles to 185,000 units in 2019, up 30.4 percent compared with a year earlier. Its vehicle export and overseas sales last year jumped 26.5 percent to some 350,000 units, ranking first among its counterparts at home for four years in a row. The company’s MG brand sold about 138,000 units overseas, a year-on-year surge of 89.3 percent as the top seller abroad among domestic competitors.
- Meridian Bancorp, Inc. Reports Record Net Income for the Second Quarter and Six Months Ended June 30, 2018
- Navigators Reports Record Net Income in Second Quarter 2018
- Samsung Electronics posts $9.9-B Q2 net profit, down 0.1%
- Entergy reports second-quarter profit
- EMC Insurance Group Inc. Reports 2018 Second Quarter and Six Month Results
- Glatfelter Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results
- Star Group, L.P. Reports Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Results
- NMI Holdings, Inc. Reports Record Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Insight Enterprises, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results and Increases Full Year 2018 Guidance
- Summer Infant Reports Second Quarter Results
- PetIQ, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Kimball International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2018 Results
- German American Bancorp, Inc. (GABC) Reports Second Quarter Earnings
- Toyota logs record 1Q profit, cuts full year sales outlook
- National American University Holdings, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2018 Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results
- United Fire Group, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results
- Lexington Realty Trust Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results
- ING posts 2Q18 net result of €1,429 million
- Neos Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- People’s Utah Bancorp Reports Second Quarter Results and Announces Increased Quarterly Dividend Payment
SAIC Motor reports annual net profit decline have 381 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.