OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER could be forced into a major clear out to boost his end of season transfer kitty.
And that could include cashing in on Paul Pogba if a sizeable offer comes in for the French World Cup winner.
Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward warned on Friday that the coronavirus pandemic is going to severely restrict transfer budgets.
However the Old Trafford boss may need to sell the likes of Pogba and Chris Smalling if he wants to make significant changes to his squad.
Others who could be sold to generate funds include Marcos Rojo, Jesse Lingard and Andreas Pereira – all of whom should command interest.
Before the pandemic cast a big shadow, Solskjaer had big plans to rejuvenate United’s attacking options in the close season.
As well as a winger, the Norwegian had a centre forward and an attacking midfielder on his wish-list – with both Grealish and James Maddison strongly linked.
United were also keeping a close eye on former target Matthijs de Ligt – who has struggled to settle at Juventus.
MORE MAN UTD STORIES
Man Utd news LIVE: All the latest updates and transfer gossip from Old Trafford
Jesse Lingard goes for run with fellow Man Utd youth team star Ravel Morrison
Man Utd news LIVE: All the latest updates and gossip from Old Trafford
De Gea vows to stay at Man Utd for ‘many more years’ as he faces fight to be No1
Romero spent fortnight in hotel waiting for coronavirus test on Argentina return
SCOTT THE LOT
McTominay reveals how inspirational Ronaldo stops him getting too comfortable
I WANT YOU RAK
Spurs join Man Utd in hunt for Barca’s Rakitic with Jose a massive fan
A LOT OF DOUGH
Haaland reveals he listens to same song before games & loves kebab pizzas
JUVE GOTTA LISTEN
Juve to tempt Man Utd over Pogba with Ramsey, Rabiot & Pjanic swap deals
Now though – as Woodward said – Solskjaer, like many other managers, may have to set his sights lower unless players depart.
Pogba, who cost United £89million from Juventus in 2016, has one year remaining on his deal but the club do have the option of a further 12 months.
United’s board will also no doubt remind their manager that he spent big on Bruno Fernandes in January, which cost them an initial £47m.
- Man Utd injury update: Latest health report ahead of Liverpool showdown
- Man Utd target Jadon Sancho makes transfer admission
- There will be ups and downs, says Man Utd boss Solskjaer
- How Man Utd would have lined up this season had Woodward signed all of Solskjaer's targets
- Man Utd in meltdown
- Rashford's heartwarming gesture to Man Utd fan who beat cancer
- Man Utd set to make difficult £100m midfield transfer choice
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Bale wants out, and Man United could be ready to pounce
- The Man United transfer mistake that is starting to hurt them
- Man United are putting too much pressure on Daniel James
- United need Romero to down Brian Barry-Murphy’s Rochdale
Man Utd ready to flog Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard in flash sale to raise funds for Jadon Sancho transfer have 562 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.