Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh holds phone talks with Japanese Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu on Tuesday afternoon. Photo: VGP
Motegi announced the aid during his phone talks with Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh on Tuesday afternoon.
Over the past two months, Japan granted ¥20 million in medical supplies to the Southeast Asian nation, according to Motegi.
He spoke highly of the drastic measures deployed by Viet Nam in the fight against the pandemic, expressing thanks to the Government of Viet Nam for having taken care of and ensured safety for 20,000 Japanese living and working in Viet Nam.
Meanwhile, Deputy PM, FM Minh appreciated the assistance from the Government and people of Japan to Viet Nam to curb the spread of the virus.
As the current ASEAN Chair, Viet Nam has been working actively to coordinate and accelerate ASEAN’s joint efforts as well as cooperation between the bloc and partners in response to the pandemic.
Both sides underlined the importance of international collaboration in this fight through sharing of information and experience, manufacturing of vaccines and medical equipment and citizen protection among others.
The Japanese side vowed to proactively cooperate with Viet Nam over its initiatives on fostering ASEAN responses to the pandemic.
- Amazon fires: Brazil to reject G7 offer of $22m aid
- Norway Pledges Cash To Fight Trump’s Global Gag Rule On Abortion
- As food crisis threatens, humanitarian aid for North Korea grinds to a halt
- Japan investors` growing interest in Vietnam banks comes natural
- Speed Bumps On German Road To Fight Climate Change
- Japan’s Mothers Go Back to Work, but Find the Opportunities Lacking
- Japan`s MUFG Bank wants bigger stake in VietinBank
- Global aids fight running out of steam — UN
- Inside The IRC: How A Visionary Aid Organization Is Using Technology To Help Refugees
- 25 Companies Doing Their Part to Help With Hurricane Harvey Relief
- Microsoft offers housing aid
- Nikki Haley accuses Pakistan of playing 'double game' with the US, vows to withhold $255 million in aid
- To Stop Trump, Facebook Cofounder Dustin Moskovitz Is Giving $20 Million
- Boston Firm Admits ‘Massive Failure’ in Plan to Aid South Africa Tax Agency
- Apple fights to spare iPhone from Trump's tariffs
- Victims of Japan's forced sterilisations demand justice after decades of silence
- Could this new bill help solve California’s housing crisis? New study suggests otherwise
- Three months on, Carlos Ghosn reloads his legal team, hires 'Japan's Johnnie Cochran'
- ‘You Have Robbed the Farmer’: Rural Indians Are Hurting, and Millions Are Voting
- Awaiting Indonesia's concrete efforts to fight marine debris
Japan pledges at least ¥200 million in aid to help VN fight COVID-19 have 435 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.