CALLUM HUDSON-ODOI would “love it” if Jadon Sancho snubbed Manchester United and came to Chelsea instead.
The youngsters have been friends for years having played together at various levels for England but the Blues winger may be disappointed as the Red Devils are in pole position to land the Borussia Dortmund ace.
Earlier this week, SunSport exclusively revealed United have agreed “almost every detail” of the deal to sign Sancho in the summer.
Chelsea also want the England ace, 20, but he is keen on joining Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, three years after leaving Manchester City.
SunSport understands the length of Sancho’s contract, his salary, bonuses and a huge buyout clause have been sorted out over months of secret talks.
United must now finalise a fee with Dortmund — which is set to become a record fee for a British club around £120million.
But Hudson-Odoi, 19, hopes the West Londoners can pip their Manchester rivals to his signature which he revealed in an Instagram live chat with comedian and rapper Michael Dapaah.
The Chelsea winger – who last month became the first Premier League player to be diagnosed with coronavirus – said: “Me and Sancho are mad close, we talk every other day, always seeing how each other are and how we’re doing.
“We make sure that we’re both doing well, obviously he’s doing amazing and having a great season.
“We’re always making sure each other is good. Obviously he’s a great player, I love playing with him – he’s a great player to play with.
“For England as well we’ve played all the way through the ages so the link up has always been there.
“I played against him sometimes in the Youth Cup games or we would play with each other for England, the link up has always been there and we’ve always loved playing with each other.
“The way we play with each other we just know where each other is on the pitch every time and we just love to play with each other.”
At the end of March, Blues striker Tammy Abraham jokingly told United ace Marcus Rashford to “stay away” from Sancho..
MOST READ IN FOOTBALL
Sex bans, sterilised balls and no spitting: How footie will look post Covid-19
Ligue 1 and 2 seasons CANCELLED with France to ban all football until September
Inside Sanchez’s new £2m Florida home… and is it a hint at Inter Miami deal?
LOST A LEGEND
Liverpool hero & Spanish TV star Michael Robinson dies aged 61 from cancer
WILL TO WIN
Arsenal offered Willian as Auba replacement with Gunners set to cash in on star
NOT FOR KEEPS
Ex-England youth keeper, 24, retires over social media abuse and pressure
Henderson refused to ask for Messi’s shirt because of what Roy Keane told him
Newcastle ‘receive rival £350m takeover bid from US TV boss Henry Mauriss’
United are still favourites to land the winger but Hudson-Odoi is still holding out hope that they will link up at club level next season.
He added: “I don’t know [if he’ll come]. Of course I would love it if he came to Chelsea.
“We’ve had a great partnership throughout, the way we play with each other is amazing. If he came the link up will still be there.”
- 10am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Sancho ‘negotiating position’ revealed, Pogba five-year new deal, Rice LATEST
- 7.30am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Sancho £109m bid, Pogba five-year new contract EXCLUSIVE, player ratings
- 8am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Jadon Sancho EXCLUSIVE, Pogba five-year new deal, Rice LATEST
- 9.15am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Sancho deal ‘almost done’, Greenwood signs £40k-a-week new deal, Neville wants Sarr
- 11pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Jadon Sancho EXCLUSIVE, Pogba five-year new deal, Rice LATEST
- Man Utd transfer snub as target Paulo Dybala signs new five-year contract at Juventus until 2025 ‘to be face of club’
- Man Utd ‘phone Victor Osimhen’s agent’ in bid to hijack Napoli’s transfer for Lille striker at last-minute
- Man Utd to ‘offload SIX players this summer to fund Solskjaer’s squad overhaul including Sanchez and Lingard’
- 10pm Man Utd news LIVE: Chiesa ‘£50m-plus transfer agreed’, Chilwell to choose Red Devils over Chelsea, Sancho UPDATE
- 12pm Man Utd news LIVE: Sancho £85m transfer fee, Chilwell ‘set to choose United over Chelsea’, Chiesa UPDATE
- 1.30pm Man Utd news LIVE: Dortmund name Sancho price, Monaco defender eyed after Koulibaly blow, Sheff Utd build-up
- Rumour Has It: Man Utd close in on Dortmund star Sancho
- Dortmund ‘expecting £109m Jadon Sancho bid from Man Utd’ as Solskjaer plots record summer transfer
- Declan Rice would struggle to get into Man Utd’s starting XI but would be a good transfer for future, says John Barnes
- Man Utd blow as Thiago ‘agrees terms’ with Liverpool and Klopp ‘asks board to make transfer for £36m Bayern star’
- Man Utd could be stuck with Alexis Sanchez with winger REFUSING to take pay cut… and it is set to cost club £50m
- Man Utd close in on Jadon Sancho transfer agreement as Solskjaer eyes all-English attack with Rashford and Greenwood
- The Insider: How Chelsea signed Timo Werner ahead of Europe's elite
- Arteta v Lampard v Solskjaer: Are Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd improving?
- Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland: How Borussia Dortmund land the world's best youngsters
Hudson-Odoi would love Chelsea to sign his ‘mad close’ friend Jadon Sancho and hopes he’ll snub Man Utd transfer have 920 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.