The first-ever free book ATM machine launched by the Thai Ha Books Joint Stock Company came into operation on 119-C5 To Hieu street in Cau Giay district in Hanoi on April 24.
Dr. Nguyen Manh Hung, Chairman and CEO of Thai Ha Books Joint Stock Company, surveys the first free book ATM machine during its launch in Hanoi on the morning of April 24.
The first-ever book to be dispensed from the ATM machine is ”Cà phê trên sao hỏa”, known as "Coffee on Mars" in English.
In total it only took three days to install the machine.
The ATM machine contains a total of 64 books which aim to cover a wide range of topics such as economics, politics, culture, society, and entertainment.
When trying to take a book out of the ATM the receiver must first select an item of their choosing. They then type in the code of their chosen book so the machine can dispense it.
The receiver can then collect the book through a flap located at the bottom of the ATM.
An electronic keypad is on hand to help people type in the code for the book they want.
Hoang Thi Hoi (L) notes that many underprivileged people don't have money to buy books, therefore the ATM allows them to access interesting books whilst promoting a reading culture.
Israel's ambassador to Vietnam Nadav Eshcar attends the event.
Ambassador Eshcar notes his great appreciation for Thai Ha Books Joint Stock Company's efforts to create both a rice ATM machine and a book ATM machine to aid deprived people during the fight against the novel coronavirus.
The book company expects to develop additional free book ATM machines and put them in more locations across the capital city in the future.
- Book reviews: Make the school holidays special with these top reads
- Instead of snacks, a vending machine at this elementary school is filled with books
- When Social Media Goes After Your Book, What’s the Right Response?
- Book review: It’s the father of all nightmares
- Rose McGowan’s 10 Favorite Books
- Can You Revise a Book to Make It More Woke?
- If You Thought ‘Cat Person’ Was Dark, Wait Until You Read the Rest of the Book
- Cash machine closures 'will hit elderly and vulnerable the hardest'
- Refurbished newspaper machines get new lives as libraries for Children’s patients
- A New Book About the Eight Presidents We Didn’t Elect
- 37 Books We Can’t Wait to Read in 2019
- Spring Books Preview: Fiction We Can’t Wait to Read by Sally Rooney and Others
- 10 best free-from cookbooks
- Hollywood still loves a white savior: "Green Book" and the lazy, feel-good take on race
- Where to Stream ‘Green Book,’ ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and Other Big Oscar Winners
- 30 best children’s books: From Peter Rabbit to Artemis Fowl
- 7 highly anticipated debut novels to check out this spring
- DC Relinquishes Rights To Comic Book Series About Jesus After Conservative Backlash
- Thinking at 36,000 Feet - Washington Free Beacon
- Dolly Parton donates 100 millionth book, announces partnership with Library of Congress
Free book ATM machine makes debut in Hanoi have 503 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 25, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.