Two dollar billionaires in the banking sector emerged in 2019, which also witnessed competition that led to big changes in the economy.
The banking sector in 2019 saw a sprint to increase capital and attract foreign capital flow to meet international standards and upgrade banking technology.
|The selling of 603 million BIDV shares (BID) worth VND20.2 trillion ($870 billion) to KEB Hana Bank from South Korea was the most valuable deal in 2019. The share sale wrapped up in November 2019 after two years of negotiation.|
With the deal, BIDV became the biggest bank in the system with charter capital of VND40.22 trillion.
2019 has been a good year for the banking sector. Most commercial banks performed well with profit results exceeding the targets set earlier in the year.
Though the fiscal year 2019 is yet to end, early reports suggest major commercial banks in Vietnam will enjoy big fat earnings this year.
- Hot Forging Press Market 2019 Global Share, Trends, Segmentation, Analysis and Forecast to 2025
- IIM Kozhikode Tops The Dare2Compete's Competitive B-School 2019 Ranking Followed by XLRI Jamshedpur
- Northern California National Bank Announces 2019 First Quarter Results
- Passion, tenacity drive creator of Hot Oven Cookies: Outlook 2019
- UBS hires Jeb Hensarling; Dallas Republican chaired U.S. House panel that oversees banking sector
- Global Power Bank Market 2019 Global Technology, Development, Trends and Forecasts to 2025
- Digital Banking Market 2019 Global Industry – Key Players, Size, Trends, Opportunities, Growth Analysis & Forecast 2022
- Blood Bank Market 2019 Global Industry – Key Players, Size, Trends, Opportunities, Growth Analysis and Forecast to 2023
- Hot Luck Fest Reveals 2019 Chef Lineup & First Wave of Music Acts
- Portable Power Bank Market 2019- Global Industry Analysis by Key Players, Consumption,Trends, Share and Forecast By 2025