Trampling and ignoring international law, China has brazenly announced the establishment of two administrative districts in Vietnam’s Paracel and Spratly islands in the East Sea, and formally named 80 geographical features there.
Once again, China proves itself a stubborn and incorrigible troublemaker in the East Sea (internationally known as the South China Sea). It is China’s typical tactic to capitalize on the world being distracted by the pandemic to pursue its dark pretension and carry out activities of intentionally violating Vietnam’s sovereignty and territorial integrity in the East Sea, posing threats and dangers for peace, security and stability in the region.
|In this photo released by Vietnam’s coast guard, a Chinese ship, left, fires a water cannon at a Vietnamese vessel, right, in May 2014. Photo: FT|
Trampling and ignoring international law, China brazenly announced the establishment of two administrative districts in Vietnam’s Paracel and Spratly islands in the East Sea, and formally named 80 geographical features there.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by Ambassador Tran Duc Mau are of his own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Hanoitimes.
- Vietnam opposes China’s missile launches in East Sea
- US condemns China’s firing of missiles in East Sea
- Vietnam protests against China’s live-fire drills in East Sea
- US criticizes Chinese ballistic missile launches in East Sea
- Japan calls for peaceful settlement of East Sea issue
- Is China making aggressive actions on the sea areas?
- China's activities in Hoang Sa, Truong Sa without permission violate Việt Nam’s sovereignty: spokeswoman
- All activities in Hoang Sa, Truong Sa without permission violate Vietnam’s sovereignty: Spokeswoman
- US warship trespassing in S China Sea expelled
- China using 'coercive' tactics with India: US
- China using ‘coercive’ tactics in pursuit of territorial, maritime claims: Pentagon
- China using coercive tactics in pursuit of territorial, maritime claims: Pentagon
- Hong Kong: China arrests 10 after intercepting boat 'fleeing Hong Kong'
- Activities in Truong Sa without Vietnam’s permission have no merit: Spokeswoman
- China seeks to set up military facilities in over dozen countries: Pentagon report
- China Using Non Military Tactics, Military Bases to Expand Influence: U.S.
- China Says It Forced U.S. Navy Away from Disputed Islands In South China Sea as Tensions Rise
- China flexes its muscle and conducts navy drills in four regions to 'signal its readiness to handle confrontation with the US and self-ruled Taiwan'
- China’s accelerated intrusions over Senkaku Islands to gauge Japan’s strength
- Chinese military 'fires two missiles into South China Sea to warn the US' after Beijing accused American spy plane of entering its no-fly zone
China's dark pretension and dangerous activities in the East Sea have 413 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.