Here are the latest developments in Asia related to the coronavirus pandemic: – Japan may declare emergency – The Japanese government may declare a state of emergency this week to contain the coronavirus outbreak, media reports said. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is reportedly set to make the declaration for parts of Japan including Tokyo, as the number of people infected with the virus continues to increase. The news pushed up Tokyo stocks, with investors seeing the move as positive for containing the outbreak, analysts said. – Singapore quarantines foreign workers – The city-state has put nearly 20,000 migrant workers under quarantine for two weeks after a growing number of coronavirus infections were detected in their dormitories. Authorities reported 120 new virus cases Sunday, the highest jump for the country in a single day, with many linked to foreign workers’ dorms. Many workers from less affluent countries, particularly parts of South Asia, come to Singapore to work in construction and are typically housed in large dormitory complexes. – Markets up, oil down – Asian markets rose as some of the world’s worst-hit countries reported falling death rates, providing some much-needed hope in the battle against the coronavirus, though oil prices were… Read full this story
- Virus Surge Among Migrants Highlights Singapore’s Two-track Economy
- The Latest: Japan task force recommends caution
- 'Trump Declaring Emergency is Partly a Political Play to His Base' - Scholar
- France to extend coronavirus health emergency, will quarantine all travelers for 14 days, health minister says
- NCDC declares emergency phase of 2020 Lassa fever outbreak over
- Peach freeze prompts Colorado governor to declare emergency
- What to do in a beauty emergency during quarantine?
- Coronavirus Latest: FDA Allows Emergency Use Of Experimental Drug Remdesivir To Help Fight COVID-19
- Yen steadies after BOJ; Aussie, kiwi gain on virus optimism
- Japan airlines keep most domestic flights despite few takers for seats
Asia virus latest: Japan may declare emergency, Singapore quarantines dorms have 315 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.