New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced at his press conference Thursday that he will give away more ventilators; he has acquired thousands of them to bolster his state stockpile.
The governor said he will send 100 ventilators to New Jersey, in addition to the 100 he sent to Michigan and 50 he sent to Maryland.
“New Jersey is still looking at their curve rising,” Cuomo said. “They’re our neighbors. Anything we can do to help…”
Cuomo spent weeks spreading the alarm in March that there might not be enough ventilators for New York, demanding that the federal government provide him 30,000 to 40,000 ventilators for his stockpile.
“You pick the 26,000 people who are going to die,” Cuomo said in a press conference in March in a strong message to President Donald Trump and the federal government.
Trump was widely criticized for challenging the numbers in March, asserting in an interview that Cuomo probably did not need that many ventilators.
“I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be,” he said in an interview with Sean Hannity. “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators.”
The governor said Wednesday that he is grateful for other states donating ventilators to New York and that he is ready to return the favor.
“I said at the time, New Yorkers are generous, and they are grateful and gracious, and when you need help, we will be there for you,” he said.
- New Jersey Quarantine Unwarranted, Some Emergency Physicians Say
- Chris Cuomo Defends His CNN Interview With His Brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- Andrew Cuomo Swipes at Trump's Immigration Agenda in Ellis Island Speech: 'This is the Harbor Where Frederick Trump' Arrived in U.S.
- Real Housewives Of New Jersey: Gia Giudice demands that dad Joe fight deportation on season premiere
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker stresses vitality of 'on the ground' endorsements before Iowa caucus
- 12-year-old girl describes dangling from balcony amid fire at New Jersey dance studio
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Orders State Not to Sign Contracts With ISPs That Violate Net Neutrality
- 'This Week' Transcript: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
- Inside Bedminster, President Trump’s New Jersey Pleasure Palace
- New Jersey referee suspended after forcing teen wrestler to cut dreadlocks or forfeit match
- New Jersey contractor, 58, caught on camera throwing ice cubes on the floor before faking a slip and fall at company cafeteria in insurance scam is sentenced to probation
- Jack Antonoff's Shadow of the City Fest Brings Alt Pop Cool, LGBTQ Activism to New Jersey
- New Jersey Voters Approve Nearly $1 Million Tax Hike to Tackle Teen Mental Health Crisis
- New Jersey teacher of the year got married at the high school where she teaches
- Real Housewives of New Jersey’s Caroline Manzo hits back after Teresa Giudice claims she ‘ratted out’ husband Joe
- Andrew Yang Goes Mainstream In New Million-Dollar Ad Campaign
- Muslim New Jersey police officer claims he was 'targeted and harassed' because of his 'manicured' half-inch beard
- PC Andrew Harper death: 100 cops raid traveller camps before arresting four over murder of officer ‘dragged to death by burglary getaway van’
- 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star Teresa Giudice Accused of Violating Probation
- Her candle company empowers victims of human trafficking in Ohio by giving them a new life
Andrew Cuomo Giving 100 Ventilators to New Jersey have 565 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.