Associate professor at the University of Sydney, Timothy Newsome A virologist has confirmed that ‘every surface is a hazard’ when it comes to COVID-19 and supermarket customers should be particularly mindful of the loose fruit and vegetables in the store. Associate professor at the University of Sydney, Timothy Newsome, specialises in infection, vaccines and virology, so has been following along closely as the coronavirus restrictions heighten in Australia. He told FEMAIL that while the virus can live on most surfaces, patrons doing their weekly grocery shop should be particularly wary of the fruit and veg aisle as customers are constantly picking up and placing back down items. ‘We have to remember that every surface is potentially contaminated. And like with any surface there is a risk,’ Mr Newsome explained. ‘We don’t see it as high risk because that comes from sustained contact with other people, but nonetheless it’s important to be mindful.’ While it would be ‘poor practice’ to be testing ‘every avocado for coronavirus’, Mr Newsome did say anything people can touch poses a potential problem. While it would be ‘poor practice’ to be testing ‘every avocado for coronavirus’, Mr Newsome did say anything people can touch poses a… Read full this story
- 'This coffee machine is iconic': Britney Spears fans go wild over an espresso maker that sounds just like the intro to her hit Stronger when it's brewing
- Photographer stumbles across a tree root that looks just like a charging deer in a Lincolnshire forest
- Former Trump Aide Omarosa Is Already Up for 'Celebrity Big Brother' Eviction After Houseguests Turn on Her—Just Like in the White House
- Bargain-lover claims £4.99 New Look's Blush perfume smells JUST like Chanel's £113 Coco Mademoiselle fragrance but is a fraction of the price
- 'Just like food and water, people need privacy'
- Meghan McCain Says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is 'Just Like Trump' on Twitter, Says Whatever She Wants
- Kylie Jenner comforts mom Kris when she tears up after gifting Stormi a mini HOUSE which is just like the one the lip kit mogul used to play in
- Omarosa Says 'Celebrity Big Brother' Cast Wants to Stab Her in the Back, Just Like Her White House Colleagues
- She's just like us! Kylie Minogue reveals her VERY relatable New Years resolution... as she hints at plans to tour in 2020
- Liz Hurley’s son Damian, 17, looks just like his mum as he makes his modelling debut with bouffant hair and perfect pout
Why you need to wash your fruit and vegetables with SOAP: Virologist confirms that COVID-19 can survive on fresh supermarket produce just like any other surface have 419 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.