An Australian mother has revealed the clever way she is keeping her young children entertained and on top of chores as they self-isolate amid the coronavirus outbreak.
The savvy mum revealed that she has created a home canteen in a bid to get her four kids to help out around the house, with a list of chores they must complete to earn the treats.
‘We are totally going to adopt the whole lockdown tuckshop idea, because I don’t know about you but it’s nuts here with four kids seven and under,’ she wrote on Facebook.
An Australian mum has created an at home canteen to get her children to do some household chores while at home self-isolating
‘I went to Kmart after the kids went to bed and got some supplies for the shop last night. Instead of just having junk food, I got things that can be used to keep them entertained too,’ she said.
The mother-of-four said she included games, balls, bubbles, nail polish, Play-Doh, slime, lollies, stickers and journal sets.
‘Rules are they literally have to work for it and they have to work for their screen time too.I worked the prices out by how much I paid for that item but added another 0 to it, for example Freddo frogs are $4, so each Freddo frog will be $40.’
The mother-of-four purchased chocolates, games, balls, bubbles, nail polish, Play-Doh, slime, lollies, stickers and journal sets for the canteen
The woman wrote a list of chores and after they are completed, the kids can earn some money to spend at the canteen
She said she printed out some money and will pay her children once they complete chores including fixing their bedrooms or vacuuming the house.
She also penalises them for arguing with their siblings, throwing a tantrum and not completing a chore.
They can then use the money they earn to purchase items from the canteen and she said ‘it’s a bit of fun while we are stuck inside’.
Many Facebook users were impressed with the mum’s system and said they couldn’t wait to try it with their own kids.
‘What an awesome idea! I think it’s great that you are teaching your kids they have to work for things they want in life as nothing comes for free these days,’ one wrote.
‘Great idea. Lots of learning many things happening there,’ another person said.
‘I think its really cool and that it makes it way more enticing to add the zero’s. Kids don’t work for pennies,’ one person commented.
Another said: ‘I think it’s a brilliant idea and your teaching them life skills as well love it.’
Her system includes earning money for vacuuming and washing the dishes and deducts them for arguing and throwing tantrums
The kids can then use the money to purchase items from the canteen and the woman said ‘it’s a bit of fun while we are stuck inside’
This comes after another Australian mother shared a photo of charts she uses to get her two young children to complete their chores.
The woman revealed that to get her young children to to help around the house, she created a list of chores for them to complete, in exchange for $1 a job.
‘I just thought I would share how we get the kids involved chores and how they are rewarded,’ she wrote on Facebook.
‘We basically printed our own dollar buck currency and the oldest gets bluey bucks and the youngest gets bingo bucks. They will get $1 for each job they do and so far it has been so rewarding for our entire family.’
‘Sure it takes me 10 times longer to do anything but it’s nice having clothes handed to me to hang out so I don’t have to bend over at 28 weeks pregnant,’ she added.
The woman explained that it has also made it easier when she goes shopping as the kids know how much they can spend.
‘It’s made Kmart trips so much easier too because we count how many dollar bucks they have to spend to cash in and get their reward. Hopefully it might work with your little ones because our toy room has never been cleaner.’
This comes after an Australian mother shared a photo of charts she uses to get her two young children to help around the house
- Revealed: Rishi Sunak was reluctant to accept lockdown but did NOT threaten to resign during Downing Street's 24 hours of chaos as leaks forced Boris Johnson to address the public
- Experts say peak of second wave 'has already PASSED': Scientists further undermine need for national lockdown as study finds R rate is 1 and cases are falling in the North and Scotland
- BEL MOONEY: Is it time to walk away from my narcissistic, toxic mum?
- Parents blast schools fiasco as thousands of kids with colds are sent home over fears they have coronavirus
- Lockdown with my ex was the biggest mistake, he turned my Mrs Hinch home into a dirty squat – I’d never do it again
- Takeaway pints are BANNED under second lockdown - as landlords blast 'soul-destroying' decision that will see millions of gallons of beer tipped down drain and see one in four pubs shut for good
- Great-gran tells family she ‘just wants to die’ after eight months of care home isolation due to Covid
- Papers please! Paris police check shoppers are not flouting new COVID lockdown laws after tough restrictions came in at midnight, sparking exodus to the country
- 6,500 scientists and medics sign anti-lockdown petition calling for 'focused protection' of vulnerable people from COVID so the young can build herd immunity
- This photo of children living in poverty caused shock waves in 1992. Where are they now?
- Party like it's the last weekend before lockdown: Revellers mark Halloween in Newcastle while London's bars do a roaring trade before closing on Thursday for a month
- Lockdown is over, but the pandemic is not. Winter is coming for Boris Johnson
- UK is NOT going into Lockdown on Thursday
- Pride of Britain 2020 winners - from inspirational pensioners to brave children
- Self-isolating: 48 things to do if you're bored at home during the second national lockdown
- Use the power of star signs to boost your relationship through Lockdown 2.0
- Boris sidelines Andy Burnham: PM says £60m lockdown bailout will be handed DIRECT to Greater Manchester boroughs after Labour joins backlash on 'haggling' Mayor and South Yorkshire AGREES a deal leaving 7million Brits in Tier 3 from Saturday
- TEXT for a pint! Takeaway beers are back on the table after government U-turn... but punters must order drinks by phone or mailing a LETTER under bizarre new lockdown rules
- Tens of thousands of pupils miss their first day back at school as 'one in six' are kept at home over Covid fears despite risk of £120 fine - while teachers complain about lack of PPE or social-distancing
- Towie’s Pete Wicks says he’ll spend lockdown on Pornhub and he doesn’t mind if Xmas is off as he ‘f**king hates’ it
'Welcome to our lockdown tuckshop': Mum-of-four creates a home CANTEEN to get her children to do household chores without fuss during isolation have 1220 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.