|The Vinfast administrative building complex|
The German industrial giant will provide digital solutions across the entire automotive OEM value chain, enabling Vinfast to meet the company’s goals of creating the first Vietnamese-made car and eScooter brand, and promoting the development of the country’s industrial and manufacturing sector.
Vinfast plans to use an integrated digital platform including the Teamcenter portfolio for digital lifecycle management, the Teamcenter solution for product costing and value engineering, and the Tecnomatix portfolio, an industry-leading digital manufacturing software. The latter will be combined with SIMATIC IT UA for Discrete Manufacturing, covering the Manufacturing Execution System layer.
The Teamcenter platform will help Vinfast increase speed and flexibility in development, optimise manufacturing processes and use the insights gained from product and plant operations to improve future performance.
“Using the combined power of both product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management, technology is a key part of our digitalisation journey,” said Jason Buxton, chief information officer at Vinfast. “To drive innovation within the automotive industry, it is essential to ensure the correct technology is in place. We feel that solutions from Siemens can empower carmakers and the vehicle electrification supply chain to reduce development time and deliver high-quality solutions, with the ability to adapt to changes easily at every stage of the process.”
Vinfast recently unveiled information on launching the first Vietnamese electric car. Using a connected PLM and MES digital enterprise solution will prove to be critical in achieving this goal.
By creating a digital enterprise, Vinfast can take advantage of new technology across each phase of operation to reduce cycle time, increase yield and foster new business opportunities.
“Siemens PLM Software is proud to form this excellent partnership in the first national car project in Vietnam, to help Vinfast accelerate its innovation cycle,” said Alex Teo, managing director and vice president of Siemens Industry Software for Southeast Asia. “The vast portfolio of Siemens solutions that Vinfast plans to deploy is a demonstration of the trust our customers place in our proven capabilities in taking products from the digital world to the real world.”
Vinfast, part of Vietnam’s largest conglomerate Vingroup, is in the process of finalising its advanced 335 hectare auto manufacturing complex in the northern port city of Haiphong. It is one of the largest industrial projects ever undertaken in Vietnam, with a groundbreaking ceremony held in September 2017.
The complex, with a designed capacity of 500,000 car units by 2025 and expectations to become the leading car manufacturer in Southeast Asia, is equipped with world-class facilities to ensure the production of high-quality products.
- DC Auto targets sale of 500 vehicles by end-2018: chairperson
- We meet brave girl, 12, who has been given UK’s first pair of ‘Hero Arms’ after 10 years of living with no hands
- Young Northampton chef grateful to food awards
- "I can die a happy man." Warrington ecstatic after historic world title win
- Namibia: Corrupt Practices Concern Kamanjab Councillor
- Battling high costs, losing friends and thinking big: On the Record with Douglas Foo, Sakae Holdings
- Super-mum nominated for Burton Mail Heroes award
- England vs Pakistan, first Test day three
- 2018 Mazda 2 GT automatic v Volkswagen Polo 85TSI Comfortline DSG
- So you want to enter the Indy 500?
- Moscow doesn't rule out Tehran's pullout from nuclear deal
- The Fab 50: Ireland's 50 best places to stay for 2018
- Alonso, Vettel and the emerging driver market
- 50 Great Discounts for Seniors
- Manchester bombing survivor Freya Lewis speaks out almost a year on from tragedy
- South Shields bomb tragedy couple’s families remember them in home town
- Families remember Liam and Chloe on anniversary of Manchester Arena bombing as South Shields pays tribute
- Abdul Samad: Maida Vale teens convicted of murder as family say charity worker’s death ‘broke’ them
- Explosive! Ranveer Singh’s full Filmfare interview
- Ryder Cup vice-captaincy for Harrington and McDowell
Vinfast pairs with Siemens to help realise auto dream have 618 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.