Two of the three cases confirmed today were in close contact with the first coronavirus patient in Hanoi.
Vietnam on Saturday reported three more people infected with the novel coronavirus (nCoV), raising the tally of infected cases to 20 in the country which had reported no new case for 22 consecutive days.
|Hanoi is making efforts to prevent the spread of Covid-19|
The three new patients are a 27-year-old man returning to the country on March 4 from Daegu – an epicenter in South Korea – and two people who were in close contact with Hanoi's first coronavirus patient Nguyen Hong Nhung.
The man coming from South Korea named P.T.V is now under treatment at Ninh Binh General Hospital. He was quarantined at a military school in the northern province of Ninh Binh right after arriving at Van Don International Airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh on March 4.
Ten others who made contact with him at the quarantine place have been put under strict medical supervision.
The two other patients are Nhung's private driver, a man of 27 years old, and her auntie, 64 years old. Both are being quarantined at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi.
As of Saturday morning, Nguyen Khac Hien, director of Hanoi Department of Health, said that Hanoi had identified 33 people who were in close contact with Nhung and 90 others who made contact with those who spent time with Nhung.
After 22 days without new infections, the latest infected cases in Vietnam have somewhat caused some fears among a number of people, mostly in Hanoi when it the first infected case was confirmed.
- Vietnam’s COVID-19 infection cases rise to 30
- Vietnam reports 53 Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports second COVID-19 case in under 24 hours, total now 18
- Vietnam reports two more COVID-19 infection cases
- Vietnam reports three cases of COVID-19 on March 7
- Vietnam confirms another COVID-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 21st COVID-19 infection case
- Vietnam reports 32nd COVID-19 infection case
- Vietnam reports nine new COVID-19 cases
- 30th COVID-19 infection case confirmed in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms 49th COVID-19 case
- Vietnam reports three more cases positive for SARS-CoV-2
- China reports fewest new virus cases on record
- Coronavirus | S.Korea reports 76 new coronavirus cases; airport checks widened
- Covid-19: Vietnam reports 33rd case
- Vietnam reports 34th case of coronavirus infection
- Vietnam confirms 18th COVID-19 infection case
- Vietnam reports 18th case of COVID-19 infection
- Vietnam reports eight new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 45th COVID-19 infection case
Vietnam reports 20th nCoV infected case have 390 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.