Vietnam still needs to take decisive actions to avoid the spread of the epidemic.
It is imperative to anticipate every situation, take practical steps and be ready to respond when new Covid-19 cases emerge although Vietnam has won the first battle agains the epidemic, the Government Portal quoted Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam as saying at a meeting on March 2.
According to Dam, whether the source of new coronavirus infections is identified or not, Vietnam still needs to quickly quarantine, drastically isolate and promptly treat them to stop the epidemic from spreading.
|Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the meeting. Photo: Dinh Nam|
Specifically, a few days ago, the Vietnamese government suspended the unilateral visa exemption for South Korean citizens. From March 3, the visa-free policy will also be removed for Italian citizens.
Vietnamese returnees from the epidemic-hit regions, especially from South Korea, and South Korean citizens entering Vietnam will be thoroughly screened and isolated.
With regard to the test kits made by Vietnam, the deputy PM requested the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Science and Technology to urgently complete procedures to produce the test kits en masse.
With 10,089 people in quarantine now in Vietnam, the test kits will help shorten their isolation and keep the community calm in face of the epidemic.
Covid-19 has been reported in nearly 80 countries and territories after the outbreak in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
WHO said on February 15 that Vietnam was responding well to the epidemic from the outset and prevented its spread.
The US Department of Health and Human Services has recently praised Vietnam’s medical capacity and close cooperation in coping with the Covid-19 epidemic, believing that Vietnam will effectively combat the disease.
- Vietnam aims to keep low rate of new HIV/AIDS infections
- Chubb Life Vietnam launches two new Universal Life insurance products
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Measles outbreak plateau? New weekly US cases hover near 20, CDC report reveals
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Vietnam carefully prepares for non-permanent seat at UNSC: Spokeswoman
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- New amendments with high impacts
- 'We're ready to go in': Turkish army confirms preparations to invade Syria 'are complete' as explosions are seen on the border - as Donald Trump says 'let them take care of it' after pulling troops from the area despite fears for safety of
- 7 realistic use cases for VR we haven’t explored deeply yet
- WB retains Vietnam’s economic growth forecast amid heightened uncertainties
- New York Times: Won't Someone Please Think of the Condoms?!?
- China has samples of a deadly new flu virus and it won’t share them with anyone
- Looking ahead to Next ’19, Google puts AI at the center of cloud hyperscaling
- Teacher's Pet cold case: Chris Dawson accused by cops of killing his wife Lyn on the SAME DAY she went missing more than 36 years ago - as he is refused bail
- In post-Hurricane Florence cleanup efforts, a new ally: drones
- A new California wildfire burns in LA as many face days without power
- The case that Russia is winning the cyberwar
- NJ AG: Takedown notice that led to new gun-file lawsuit came from Slovakia—not us
Vietnam prepared to respond to new Covid-19 infection cases: DPM have 533 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.