Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh and Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro L. Locsin Jr. have discussed on cooperation between the two countries at bilateral and multilateral levels amid the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, during their recent phone talks.
Minh extended thanks for the Philippines's effective support and collaboration with Vietnam – the current ASEAN Chair , especially in fostering cooperation in dealing with the pandemic.
He expressed his belief that the two countries and other ASEAN members will soon overcome challenges to stabilise socio-economic development and accelerate the process of the ASEAN Community building.
Meanwhile, Locsin spoke highly of the effectiveness of the Vietnamese Government's fight against the COVID-19 as well as its initiatives in response to the pandemic.
The Philippines pledges to continue supporting and coordinating closely with Vietnam to fulfil its role as the ASEAN Chair and non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for the tenure 2020-2021, Locsin affirmed.
Both sides agreed to double efforts in further deepening the Vietnam-Philippines strategic partnership across fields, including health, trade, investment, and food security in the context of the current pandemic.
They also agreed to further strengthen coordination in regional and international issues, including the East Sea issue./.
- Indonesia, Malaysia cooperate to respond to COVID-19 pandemic
- Vietnam spends $1.3 bln on Covid-19 fight
- PM meets with outstanding medical frontliners in COVID-19 fight
- Covid-19 Numbers Are Getting Better. But Where They Go From Here Will Depend On Vaccinations, Fauci Says
- Female medical workers dedicated to fight against COVID-19
- How the Covid-19 booster shots could make the vaccination gap worse
- Another 3,168 new COVID-19 cases on Monday
- Cambodia, Philippines witness reduction in COVID-19 cases
- Philippines DOH says that Covid-19 cases in the country are on downward trend as 6,943 new cases reported on Monday (Oct 18)
- Colin Powell, first Black secretary of state, dies at 84 from COVID-19 amid cancer battle
- Colin Powell, Military Leader And First Black US Secretary Of State, Dies After Complications From COVID-19
- Economic expansion depends on COVID-19 vaccination speed, scale: Experts
- Why Colin Powell's cancer likely reduced his protection from the Covid-19 vaccine
- Soc Trang, Ca Mau become new COVID-19 hotbeds in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta
- Colin Powell, first Black secretary of state, dies at 84 from complications of COVID-19
- Ex-US Secretary of State Colin Powell dies of Covid-19 complications
- Thai Binh stops operation of COVID-19 checkpoints from October 17
- Australia's COVID-19 cases remain subdued as vaccinations rise
- More cancer patients getting vaccinated against Covid-19, says National Cancer Centre Singapore
- Experts hail Resolution on safe, flexible adaptation with COVID-19
Vietnam, Philippines discuss cooperation amid complicated COVID-19 pandemic have 423 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.