Only around 884 Vietnamese landed at Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport and northern Quang Ninh Province’s Van Don Airport on Monday. Noi Bai expects to receive 276 of these, arriving from Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand, local media reported.
The other 608 Vietnam Airlines passengers who landed at Van Don flew from the U.K. and Germany.
Just one day prior, Noi Bai alone received around 1,712 passengers, all Vietnamese.
As a response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, multiple Vietnamese airlines have suspended most international flights in order to curb the spread of the disease.
Vietnam Airlines for example would suspend all international flights until April 30, the national carrier announced last week.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc meanwhile stated Vietnam would suspend entry for all foreign nationals, including those of Vietnamese origin and family members with visa waivers starting Sunday. The decision would not apply to those entering the country for diplomatic purposes or other special matters.
Phuc also ordered the suspension of all flights coming to Vietnam on Friday.
Vietnam has confirmed 121 Covid-19 cases so far, of whom 17 have been cured and discharged from hospital. Most active cases, now hospitalized in 12 cities and provinces, are returnees from Europe and the U.S. and those who’d come into close contact with them.
The Covid-19 pandemic has killed over 14,900 people globally, spreading to 192 countries and territories thus far.
- Polygon’s 50 most anticipated games of 2020
- Top 25 Baseball Stories of the Decade — No. 8: Biogenesis scandal
- 29 Summer Books To Get Excited About
- Comic Con 2015 Saturday Schedule
- The 14 best video games of E3 2018
- 'US-China Trade Dispute Hurting US Pork Producers' - Pork Producers Council
- PlayStation Plus December 2019: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- Face the Nation Transcripts September 21: Power, Rogers, Feinstein
- Yearly Current Affairs 2019
- Vegas newspaper finds trouble tracking casino response plans
- 'RIP to a brilliantly funny man': TV broadcaster, critic and poet Clive James dies aged 80 'surrounded by his family and his books', after long battle with leukaemia
- A month-by-month look at Donald Trump's top lies of 2019
- ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ Climbs To $206M+ Through 4 Days, Eyes $70M+ Weekend; ‘Little Women’, ‘Spies In Disguise’ & More Open Christmas
- It’s illegal to get drunk in a pub, handle salmon in a suspicious manner or to import potatoes from Poland: The most bizarre ways to break the law in Britain are revealed
- Champions League T20 discontinued
- Gamescom 2019: all the biggest news and announcements from the event
Vietnam outbreak returnees drop following entry suspension have 395 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.