The decision was made by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc during his separate phone calls with his Lao and Cambodian counterparts on March 26.
In his phone call with Lao Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith, PM Phuc praised the Lao government’s epidemic prevention efforts and stressed that Vietnam is willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with Laos in the COVID-19 fight aimed at stabilizing the situation in the two countries, continuing with socio-economic development and improving people’s lives.
|PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc phones his Lao and Cambodian counterparts, offering coronavirus fight assistance|
For his part, Lao PM Thongloun Sisoulith spoke highly of Vietnam’s initial success in controlling the epidemic and hoped the two countries will increase information sharing and coordination in the fight.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc proposed that the Prime Minister and Government of Laos continue to create favorable conditions for the Vietnamese community in the country to stabilize their lives while receiving necessary support to combat the COVID-19. He also hoped the two countries will work closely together to maintain stability, social security, especially in border provinces.
The two PMs agreed that in the current situation, the two countries should promote bilateral cooperation, with a particular focus on the effective implementation of agreements reached at the 42nd session of the Vietnam-Laos Inter-governmental Committee earlier this year. They held that the two countries will continue to facilitate trade exchanges and maintain trade and investment growth through flexible measures, so as to weather the storm caused by the epidemic.
PM Phuc informed his Lao counterpart of the Vietnamese government’s decision to provide medical equipment worth US$100,000 to help the neighbouring country’s coronavirus fight.
Phoning Cambodia Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen, the Vietnamese leader said that countries should join hands in curbing the epidemic and protecting people’s health.
Given the complex developments of the COVID-19, he proposed that Vietnam and Cambodia cooperate closely together in creating favorable conditions for their respective countries’ diplomatic representative agencies to support their citizens in the host countries.
He said the two countries’ ministries, agencies and localities should closely cooperate in disease prevention and control, strengthen information sharing, and timely solve problems, in order to maintain normal trade exchanges and facilitate the transport of goods along their borders.
PM Phuc assured his Cambodian counterpart that Vietnam is ready to coordinate with the Cambodian side to bring its citizens quarantined in Vietnam back to their home country.
Prime Minister Hun Sen thanked the Vietnamese government for its goodwill and affirmed that the royal government and people of Cambodia consider Vietnamese citizens living in Cambodia as Cambodian citizens. He said he will direct relevant Cambodian agencies to enhance collaboration with their Vietnamese counterparts in epidemic prevention and in assisting the Vietnamese community in the country.
On this occasion, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc announced the Vietnamese government’s decision to provide medical equipment worth US$100,000 for Cambodia’s COVID-19 combat efforts. He also said Vietnam is willing to send medical professionals to help Cambodia as well as Laos on request.
The Lao and Cambodian PMs thanked the government and people of Vietnam for the gift which they said is of great significance in the current context.
- Vietnam plays active role in GMS trade, investment cooperation
- Vietnam, Laos to co-operate in Indochinese archival preservation
- Việt Nam, Laos to co-operate in Indochinese archival preservation
- Vietnamese, Lao, Cambodian farmers talk agriculture, rural development
- Vietnam, Myanmar look to foster education cooperation
- Vietnam U-22 send Thailand U-22 packing; four more golds for VN at SEA Games
- A Five-Step Approach to the Opioid Epidemic, Part 2 of 2
- Three expat runners to join 300-kilometer relay to help Vietnamese newborns
- 'If you don't show them something else, you won't change it': Extraordinary moment GMB's weatherman interrupts knife crime debate to offer his view on how to tackle the epidemic
- VietnamPlus wins first prize at External Information Service Awards
- International friends mourn for former PM Khai
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- Lang Son tightens control following invasion of red-claw crayfish
- Vietnamese businesses invest over 149.5 million USD abroad
- ASEAN leaders highlight opportunities in 4IR
- Young Mong people breathe new life into folk music
- Additional public holiday: When is the right time?
- Int’l integration in politics-defence-security progresses
- Firms benefit from programme on efficient use of resources
- Khmer Rouge chief jailer sentenced for war crimes
Vietnam helps Laos, Cambodia combat COVID-19 epidemic have 705 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.