International UEFA president admits that current season may not finish The Saigon Times Sunday, Mar 29, 2020,16:51 (GMT+7) UEFA president admits that current season may not finishThe Saigon Times UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin during a press conference – PHOTO: REUTERS ROME (REUTERS) – The head of European soccer’s governing body said that the current season could be “lost” if it is unable to re-start by the end of June, although he did not rule out extending it into the next season. UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin told the Italian newspaper La Repubblica that there were a number of options for concluding the season, which has been brought to a halt around Europe by the coronavirus pandemic. “There is a plan A, B and C. The three options are to start again in mid-May, in June or at the end of June, if we don’t succeed, the season will probably be lost,” he said. However, he then added: “There is also the possibility of starting again at the beginning of the next, starting the following one later. We will see the best solution for leagues and clubs.” Ceferin has said the finishing domestic leagues was the priority, even if it meant playing behind closed doors. “It’s… Read full this story
- OPEC conference president says current oil outputs enough for balanced market
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino to run unopposed in June
- Ex-UEFA boss Michel Platini freed after questioning over 2022 World Cup
- Ex-Uefa chief taking action to recoup back pay
- Obama says Biden is "nowhere close to finished" in new campaign ad
- Bolivia's president resigns after re-election triggered deadly protests
- Mike Trout Set For Season-Ending Foot Surgery
- Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino admits he may have left if they won the Champions League
- Willian admits playing for Frank Lampard at Chelsea is 'a bit weird'
- Klopp tells UEFA seminar that VAR must improve
UEFA president admits that current season may not finish have 318 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.