SEOUL - For one South Korean multinational company that makes smartphone components used by Apple Inc and LG Electronics Inc, the coronavirus epidemic is dealing blow after blow. First, the initial outbreak forced its China factory to shut down for almost three weeks and caused supplies from China for its Vietnam plant to begin to dry up. Then when the virus spread to South Korea, travel restrictions prevented its workers from keeping an expansion at the plant, located in the port city of Hai Phong, on track. Now the company, which declined to be named to protect business relationships, is looking at disruptions in its factory in the industrial hub of Gumi, less than an hour’s drive from Daegu, the epicenter of South Korea’s coronavirus cases. In addition to continued difficulties with sourcing from China, the supplier of smartphone screen parts and camera modules to LG firms has been hit by some worker quarantines and is fretting about the prospect of even more – problems likely to ripple through to end customers including Apple. “The virus has a domino effect on suppliers,” a senior executive at the firm told Reuters. “I just look up to the sky and sigh.” Its woes illustrate… Read full this story
- South Korean Leader Says North Intends to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, Urges U.S. to Officially Declare End to Korean War
- The Latest: Storm victims include famed South Korean climber
- Luvu Brands Announces South Korean Distribution Agreement for Jaxx
- Bodies of South Korean climbers, Nepalese guides retrieved
- South Koreans in Pyongyang for Summit Anniversary
- Experts Pessimistic on South Korean Economy
- South Korean president begins third summit with Kim Jong Un
- Former South Korean President Jailed for 15 Years for Corruption, Becomes Fourth South Korean Leader to be Jailed
- Coffee Banned In All South Korean Schools to Encourage 'Healthy Eating Habits'
- South Korean president to bring private message from Kim Jong Un to Trump at U.N.
The coronavirus domino effect: South Korean tech firms reel as Vietnam links curbed have 332 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.