On Monday, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu lauded the role of the committees and cited data to emphasise that the panels, especially the eight headed by the Upper House, have performed well by holding regular meetings and having an impressive attendance record.
Members have shown more inclination in attending meetings concerning issues of health, human resource development, home affairs and tourism and transport. However, members were not much inclined to attend meetings on issues dealing with commerce, industry and science and technology issues.
“The number of members of Rajya Sabha with full attendance has increased from 18 last time to 28 now. In case of Lok Sabha members, the increase in this regard has been from 18 last time to 59 now,” Naidu said.
He rued that 95 members of the Upper House did not attend any meeting on Demand for Grants of various ministries which were taken up by the Standing Committees during the recess of the budget session.
- Dems quietly restrict GOP ability to investigate White House actions on Afghanistan, border crisis
- Boris Johnson pledges 'simple' foreign travel system amid criticism of amber watchlist
- Cruise Ship Passengers, Some Infected, Flown Back to U.S.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 13
- Singapore GE2020: Profiles of PAP's new candidates
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 11
- Code Name Crossfire Hurricane: The Secret Origins of the Trump Investigation
- Victory as EU insiders plan emergency customs U-turn - 'Not UK's problem!'
- G.O.P. Alarmed by Trump’s Comments on Extremist Group, Fearing a Drag on the Party
- Andrew Bailey urges 2m to return to jobs market
- Concerning 'pattern' forming of ministers dodging blame for mistakes, says senior Tory MP
- Rocket Companies, Inc. (RKT) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 18
- How the EU would respond if London follows its threat and triggers Article 16
- Delta pushes for national 'no fly' list of unruly passengers after banning 1,600 from flights
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 25
Standing committees work even amid House disruptions have 347 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.