Sette Camara was previously on Red Bull’s books as part of its Junior Team back in 2016, while he spent last year in a test and development role for rival F1 team McLaren.
He will share his F1 duties this year with Red Bull’s long-serving reserve driver and Nissan e.dams Formula E regular Sebastien Buemi.
“I am extremely happy to join the Red Bull family as Official Test & Reserve driver for the 2020 Formula One season alongside Sebastian,” Sette Camara said.
“I've been watching F1 since I was five years old and I'm humbled to have been given this opportunity to work with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing and Scuderia AlphaTauri.”
Originally let go by Red Bull after finishing 11th in his second season of European F3, Sette Camara has since contested three consecutive campaigns in Formula 2.
He finished 12th, sixth and fourth in those respective seasons but is not on the grid this year, having already amassed the 40 required points for an FIA superlicence.
Sette Camara has tested with Carlin in IndyCar and with Dragon in Formula E this year already, having likewise joined the latter operation as test and reserve driver.
The Brazilian, who is yet to officially firm up his race programme for the coming season, will be present in his new F1 role at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix this weekend.
- Hungarian GP tech debrief: McLaren updates push team forward
- Scam 1992 The Harshad Mehta Story review: One of 2020’s best web series resurrects the raging bull of Dalal Street
- Bahrain GP: Lewis Hamilton untouchable in qualifying for 98th F1 pole position
- ‘Happy now, but things can change quickly’
- Turkish GP driver ratings: Experience pays for Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez, Sebastian Vettel
- Ten things we learned from the Portuguese GP
- 2020 F1 Bahrain Grand Prix race results
- Formula 1's great one-off pole laps
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix LIVE: Hamilton takes first place in both practice sessions – latest updates, results
- Bahrain GP: Hamilton storms to pole ahead of Bottas
- Ten things we learned from the Turkish GP
- PIX: Hamilton takes seventh F1 title with a win in Turkey
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix LIVE RESULT: Romain Grosjean survives fireball crash as Hamilton wins restarted race – latest
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix LIVE: Qualifying build-up, Hamilton dominates practice – latest updates, results
- Hamilton wins F1 Bahrain Grand Prix as Grosjean escapes horror crash
- Bahrain GP: Top 25 photos from Thursday
- Gallery: F1 teams that became defunct in the last 25 years
- Johnny Depp savages Amber Heard in High Court by claiming she 'drank two bottles of wine a night', repeatedly secretly filmed him and 'all hell would break loose' if he didn't follow her rules or 'feed the attention she wanted'
- Lewis Hamilton wins Bahrain Grand Prix after shocking scenes that saw Grosjean fireball crash and Stroll flip car
- High stakes battle in Korea
Sette Camara named Red Bull reserve after McLaren split have 479 words, post on www.motorsport.com at March 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.