POPS Worldwide, a Vietnam-based entertainment provider has seen skyrocketing numbers since schools were closed on a national scale, said its media director Truong Tu Ngan. The views on their multiple YouTube channels increased by 22 percent altogether, with POPS Kids and POPS Anime which target young viewers growing by 200 percent. Most notably, there was significant surge in livestream engagement rate with a 300 percent increase in watch time, mostly in children’s content, world news and entertainers’ channels. Meanwhile, the number of streaming viewers on FTP Play, another online entertainment service with their own apps and exclusive series, upped by 40 percent in February 2020, said its spokesperson. A recent survey on video streaming subscription services in Vietnam shows that Netflix is the second most popular one and the only foreign platform that makes top 5, even though its monthly packages costs from 3 to 5 times higher than most Vietnam-based counterparts. The survey was conducted in February 2020 by Q&Me, a market research company, on 676 Vietnamese citizens, 202 of whom are familiar with online content. It also points out that most people use smartphones (76 percent) and smart TV (73 percent) for streaming services, and 97 percent users… Read full this story
- Kim Kardashian's Request for Keeping Her Kids Entertained Amid Coronavirus Quarantine Met With Unexpected Response
- Medical students take final exams online for first time, despite student concern
- Online teaching in time of health crisis
- Decision time: quarantine spells dilemma for domestic workers in Latin America
- Overseas Vietnamese students under quarantine struggle to study online
- Rod Stewart uses time in quarantine to clean out his garage of unwanted items and dons an all-white ensemble for the task
- Amazon delays shipping: Here’s where you can get online order deliveries in time
- It’s Okay If Your Kids Are Getting More Screen Time. Really.
- Geeta Jain offers building for setting up quarantine center, says no positive coronavirus case reported in Mira Bhayandar so far
Online entertainment flourishes in times of quarantine have 328 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.