The Mekong Delta and southern islands like Phu Quoc and Con Dao are dominating domestic tour bookings as COVID-19 cases rise elsewhere in Vietnam.
Companies specializing in domestic tourism say about 70% of their customers are opting for Mekong Delta tours, most of which depart from Ho Chi Minh City.
The Mekong Delta boasts many orchards, gardens, rich culture and numerous comfortable resorts. It has also not reported any coronavirus infection so far.
Southern islands like Phu Quoc and Con Dao have also become appealing destinations. A typical tour lasts four days and three nights if customers travel by air.
Tours to the Central Highlands are also popular, but they are less attractive than the Mekong Delta and southern islands, according to travel firms./.VNA
- Novaland & BCG to develop Mekong Delta tourism
- Tourism hopes for the Mekong Delta
- Traveling Co To Island – New heaven for summer holidays
- HCM City assesses new logistics development plan
- West Coast tourism: carbon footprint comes under scrutiny
- Indonesia reverses tourist ban on Komodo Island
- Mekong River Delta tours – top things to see
- Why Silicon Valley billionaires are prepping for the apocalypse in New Zealand
- As tourism booms, young people turn to homestay business
- Diving In Papua New Guinea – One of the Best Scuba Diving Spots in the Pacific
- Kiwi confronts Cook Islands PM after flight cancelled
- Van Don International Airport in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam named “Asia’s Leading New Airport 2019”
- Homes on the water: Smart developments are now springing up on these prime waterfront hotspots
- Supporting tourism in wake of potential quake
- The Cuban holiday revolution: It’s still got its crazy charm, but visitors are discovering a new side to the Caribbean island... luxury!
- Krabi Tourism Boom - 2011 the Busiest Year Ever!
- Tourism SOE trio makes for IPO gold
- Motels in Christchurch: Your Base While Exploring the south Island
- New players eye role in League of Ireland
- Srilanka Tourism Offers Most Enjoyable Holidays
Mekong Delta, southern islands are new domestic tourism hotspots have 303 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.