As more people face a whole lot more time indoors, not to mention medical and financial anxiety, many kind developers are giving games away free or slapping on big discounts. You can find a nice lot of these on Itch.io, where the splendid store have listed many of the “games to help you stay inside”. Most of these are free, some have tasty discounts, and loads are good. Honestly you should go wild and try whatever takes your fancy but I do have a few recommendations to get you started, from walking simulators to shoot ’em ups.
I’ll focus on the freebies for my picks:
Vlambeer’s roguelikelike top-down shooter is one of the best action games, according to some site named Rock, Paper, Shootguns. I endorse their opinion. If you’d rather have this on Steam, Vlambeer have cut its price as much as they can – a 90% discount.
Hey, here, take this weird machine – you’re good to scan landscapes with it now, right? Alright, cool, get to it.
Brendy went in expecting some plain ol’ Alice-friendly walking and got his melon twisted.
We already posted separately about Connor Sherlock’s excellent walking simulator collection being free right now, but I really like it so I want to mention it again.
Our former Alec (RPS in peace) struggled to explain the glitchworld without spoiling the wonder, eventually giving up with: “So instead I’ll just say ‘it is a videogame you have to figure out for yourself, but once you do you’re essentially making progress by turning off the bits of the world which impede you.’ But that’s not right either.” It’s a good game.
Alright I haven’t played this, but after seeing this trailer I want to learn all about woodpeckers, blueberries, and whatever else is in the world.
It gave Alice Bee a fear of Brutalism and more could anyone want at this time?
Break and build stone circles and gardens in this pleasant toylike game.
Rob Fearon understands that shmups should contain as many colours and particles as the human eye can perceive.
Many games that aren’t free, only discounted, are well worth a go too. I particularly recommend
the warm soap opera of Mutazione (oh right, that’s free on Epic right now anyway), the daydream dioramas of Islands: Non Places, the ball-pushing puzzles of A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build, and the heart-punching musical violence of Thumper.
If you crave newsness, Valve will today launch the Steam Game Festival: Spring Edition with loads of free demos to stand in for cancelled GDC showcases.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
Article Continues Below
- Arizona Cardinals need help in NFL free agency to reverse course
- Meet future LSU safety Marcel Brooks, the confident five-star who's 'itching' to play football
- March's free video games include a new 'Call of Duty' and some major changes to PlayStation
- Super Bowl 2019: Grocery Sales at Target, Kroger and More To Celebrate The Big Game
- Tom Oates: Four free agent pickups free up Packers' thinking for top pick in April draft
- Super Bowl tailgate party allows homeless to share game day spirit
- Inside the Radical, Uncomfortable Movement to Reform White Supremacists
- Here's What Happens In The Original, Terrible 'Game Of Thrones' Pilot That Never Aired
- How we stay sane during winter
- Twins' torture: Breaking down their record 14-game postseason losing streak
- GAME ON: Watch out, Fortnite, Apex Legends could be a Titanslayer
- Inside the Bills: Resetting team needs after opening wave of free agency
- Vanderbilt football spring game: Players to watch, TV, time, activities, food
- Inside Quinn Cook’s handling of Draymond Green’s trash talk & breakout game vs Hornets
- Best Louisville hotels: Step inside city's Four Diamond inns
- 3 products I rely on to help me pack and stay organized while I travel
- April's free video games: Conquer wastelands and battlefields
- Game Review: Surprise Apex Legends’ game does not disappoint
- Denver high school violated First Amendment rights of student journalist who documented strike conditions, attorney alleges
- Tom Oates: Here's an offseason game plan for the Packers
Loads of "games to help you stay inside" are free on Itch.io right now have 794 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.