DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa health officials said Sunday that they have confirmed 38 more cases of COVID-19 and a fourth death.
The Iowa Department of Public Health said the state now has 336 positive cases, up from 298 on Saturday. The latest death was a Linn County resident between the ages of 61 and 80.
The new cases include 10 in Polk County, six in Linn County and four each in Johnson and Dubuque counties. The virus has now been found in 50 of Iowa’s 99 counties.
The new cases include nine people who range in age from 18 to 40; 14 who are 41-60 years old; 14 who are older than 60; and one child younger than 18.
For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death.
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds has ordered bars, dine-in restaurants, theaters, casinos and businesses that sell furniture, books and clothing to remain closed until at least April 7 to help limit the virus’ spread.
- New details about detainee's death
- Mother settles case over death of baby Stevie who died two days after birth
- Controversial senior coroner Mary Hassell releases new protocol for dealing with deaths following High Court defeat
- New inquest ordered into hospital death of nine-year-old girl at centre of hyponatraemia inquiry
- Bristol Rovers new 2018/19 home and away kit revealed
- Where to pre-order the new 2018/19 Liverpool home kit
- Man in legal battle to annul his own death certificate
- Xbox Two release date news – multiple consoles confirmed at E3 2018, plus Xbox 2 rumours, specs, games and price
- Two Children Bitten In First New York Shark Attack In 70 Years
- Grandmother who let teenager starve to death sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Iowa votes for 'heartbeat' abortion law capping terminations at six weeks
- Notorious death row prisoners' last meals revealed
- New details emerge in case of missing University of Iowa student
- FIFA 19 Preview: EA Sports new game adds Champions League and a touch of Gears of War
- A Death in Berlin: Deafening Silence After Overdose at Berghain
- New Zealand branded 'racist as f***' by Thor director Taika Waititi
- U.S. imposes new sanctions on 7 Russian oligarchs and 17 government officials
- Mexican drug kingpin charged in New York with trafficking enough fentanyl to kill 10 million people
- New York police shoot dead ‘mentally ill’ man in Brooklyn because they wrongly believed he was armed
- New Zealand vs England, second Test: live score updates
Iowa officials confirm 38 new COVID-19 cases, 4th death have 631 words, post on www.sfgate.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.