Vietnam Economy HCMC sees CPI tumbling in March The Saigon Times Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020,17:16 (GMT+7) HCMC sees CPI tumbling in MarchThe Saigon Times A customer shops at a Co.opMart suupermarket. HCMC’s CPI in March declined 0.58% month-on-month – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – The consumer price index (CPI) of HCMC in March declined 0.58% month-on-month, according to the city’s Department of Statistics. Specifically, four out of 11 groups of consumer goods and services in the basket of commodities used to work out the CPI have seen a decrease in prices. Of these, the transport group witnessed the largest fall of 5.82%, affected by travel restrictions on city dwellers to prevent the pandemic from spreading further and fuel price falls on February 29 and March 15. The other three groups with price falls are culture and entertainment and tourism, at 0.67%; food and catering services, 0.46%; and postal and telecom services, 0.15%. In the group of food and catering services, food rose by 0.52% as a result of soaring demand among local consumers wishing to stock up on such items as rice and instant noodles during the pandemic. Foodstuff slid by 1.4% while the price of dining-out services edged up by 0.82%. The only group… Read full this story
- CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury accuses BJP-RSS of mass violence in Tripura
- Despite 'Failed Experiment' in Lok Sabha Election, Bengal CPI(M) and Cong Form Alliance to Contest Bypolls
- Left parties to stay awayfrom JSP’s ‘long march’
- C&W: HCMC to have more office-for-rent space in 2017
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Reliance shares see biggest intraday rise in decade; rivals hit by disruption worries
- Thousands march in Indiana to protest law seen targeting gays
- Is Macron's En Marche out of step?
- Celebrity birthdays March 2: Chris Martin, Rebel Wilson, Daniel Craig
- Angered by Brexit, thousands march for Scottish independence in Edinburgh
HCMC sees CPI tumbling in March have 313 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.