Firefighting drill (Source: VNA) Hau Giang (VNA) – The Mekong Delta province of Hau Giang on March 23 raised the fire danger level in the locality from “very high” (level 4) to “extreme” (level 5) due to long-lasting heat and low humidity in local forests. Tran Chi Hung, Director of the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and deputy head of the provincial steering board on forest development and protection plans, said that the steering board had requested localities which have forests and forest owners to arrange firefighting equipment and firefighters on the spot to ensure timely fire control when incidents occur. Attention should be paid to organising firefighting drills, closely monitoring the use of fire on farm work, and strictly punishing those entering forests illegally. Localities which have forests and forest owners should intensify dissemination on forest protection, conduct regular patrols, and get ready to participate in firefighting around the clock. Hau Giang is home to over 2,800 hectares of forest. Long-lasting heat and the humidity of below 15 percent have led to a high risk of forest fires in the Mekong Delta province./. VNA
- 'For Indian monuments, the danger level is higher'
- Unchecked warming will raise mortality levels in India: study
- Public Health Emergency Declared in Delhi as Air Quality Breaches Danger Level, All Schools Closed Till Tuesday
- Carbon dioxide levels highest in human history
- Fine Dust Pollution at Dangerous Levels
- Increased Quakes Force Officials to Raise Alert Level for World’s Largest Active Volcano
- Giang starts with a win at F3 Futures
- Kien Giang transforms abundant natural endowments into a new magnet for investment
- Giang enters F3 Futures quarter-final
- Millions of tourists to flood Ha Giang park
Hau Giang raises fire danger level to the highest have 286 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.