An elderly woman in Hai Duong Province is calling for financial help to support five grandchildren after their parents left them. Vu Thi Thu has to take care of five grandchildren Vu Thi Thu has to take care of five children, the youngest being only two months old and the oldest 14 years old. She even contemplated giving a grandchild away because she can’t take care of all of them anymore. Thu said she had three daughters. Two of them had bad marriages. They either live separately with their spouse or had a divorce. Afterwards, they all brought their children back to Thu to take care of. One of Thu’s daughters went to China to find work and hasn’t contacted home. “My oldest daughter has three children. I don’t know where my son-in-law is anymore. I don’t even know when she was pregnant with the youngest,” Thu said. Le Van Khiem, vice chairman of Hong Khe Commune, said, “After knowing that Thu and her husband are in difficulties because they have to raise five children together, we have helped them the best we can. We tried to encourage them to overcome hardship when Thu said she wanted to give away… Read full this story
- Millions in Britain at risk of poor-quality later life, report says
- Poverty increasingly threatens elderly Germans, says study
- Austerity has pushed families into crisis and then thrown away the lifelines
- America's aging dams could put tens of thousands of people across 44 states at risk of deadly floods as 1,700 are rated 'poor or unsatisfactory'
- EXCLUSIVE: Charles Manson's grandson is poised to profit from Quentin Tarantino using mass murderer's song in Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood despite director being told cash would go to victims' relatives
- Poverty after retirement: How a German pensioner makes ends meet
- Is hard work enough to lift anyone out of poverty? This question divides the nation
- Poorer areas in England at greatest flooding risk, Oxfam says
- Tory DWP chief in furious row as she denies cuts are plunging kids into poverty
- Poverty in a world of plenty: A legislative challenge
Grandson risks being away because of poverty have 363 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.