Hanoi (VNA) – Export of fresh fruit to China via train using refrigerated containers has contributed to curbing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the Vietnam Railways Corporation (VNR), this kind of shipping helps reduce the number of people engaged in the export procedure, while it is not necessary to quarantine drivers and owners.
The VNR said on March 30 that after more than a month of operation, over 200 refrigerated containers of dragon fruit have been shipped to China.
At present, it takes about 70 hours by train with refrigerated containers to go from the southern region to Dong Dang Station in the northern mountainous province of Lang Son. A train’s transport capacity is 20 times higher than that of a truck, and the transportation cost by a train is about 20 percent lower than 20 trucks.
Apart from dragon fruit, nine other fruits will be exported to China by train in the time ahead.
The VNR said that in the context of difficulties in exporting agricultural products to China through auxiliary border gates due to COVID-19, the use of refrigerated containers for international shipping is currently the most effective solution./.
- After curbs on Iranian fruit import, Pakistan exporters fear retaliation
- Trump temporarily excludes EU from higher tariffs, announces measures to ‘punish’ China
- China rejects tonnes of UK's waste plastic prompting fresh environmental fears
- India wary as China's Xi expresses interest in a strategic partnership with Sri Lanka
- India wary as China's Xi expresses interest in strategic partnership with Sri Lanka
- Pakistan needs to explore export-boosting avenues through CPEC
- Delivering he Farm Fresh Revolution
- Prioritising trade: Enhancing the country’s export competitiveness
- China considers response to Donald Trump metals tariff hike plan
- Economists Run Numbers on Spillovers From Trump's China Threat
- Fruit grower in challenge to PM
- Early China Indicators Show Outlook Undimmed by Trade Tension
- Trump Targets China's Push to Make Its Economy High-Tech
- Shoppers pay up to 54% more to buy fruit and veg loose – here’s how much the war on plastic will cost you
- China 'thanks Theresa May for sidestepping human rights questions'
- China imports seafood directly from Pakistan for first time
- At Sadiqabad: New export terminal built
- Kim’s Message for Trump: China Is Back on Side
- Kim’s Message for Trump: China Is Back on Our Side
- Glasgow fruit market fire – black smoke billows over famous market as it goes up in flames
Fresh fruit exported to China in refrigerated containers have 382 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.