Former prosecutor and Fox Nation host Nancy Grace and her panel of crime scene investigators said the horrific details from the heartwrentching discovery of the remains of a Tennessee toddler may lead police to her killer.
Fifteen-month-old Evelyn Boswell was found by law enforcement officials on Wednesday, following a 17-day search, after the child’s grandfather reported her missing.
Local law enforcement said family members have given conflicting accounts, but it is believed that the child was last seen over two months ago.
“This baby has been found out in an outhouse, as they’re calling it, an abandoned property, in the cold with all her toys and her diapers, clothes just strewn around her, just thrown in there. It’s just almost too much to take in,” said Grace on her Fox Nation show “Crime Stories” on Friday.
“The body of baby Evelyn was found surrounded by toys,” added Grace. “At first, the identification of baby was made by its clothing, because it matched the description given by the mother.”
The child’s mother, Megan Boswell, 18, was arrested Feb. 25 on charges of filing a false police report. She remained jailed on a $25,000 bond. A grand jury is set to hear the case, with the woman’s next appearance scheduled for early May.
Joseph Scott Morgan, Distinguished Scholar of Applied Forensics at Jacksonville State University, said that despite the horror of this case, the crime scene holds clue that may help identify the killer.
“As an investigator, you try to be very clinical as best you can, when you’re at a crime scene and when you’re in the autopsy room, but there’s still a thing that pricks your heart. When you see all that surrounds a victim and it’s almost like with this little baby… has been discarded like a piece of garbage, just like the diapers, just like the clothing, just like the toys and has been left all alone in this environment.
“We can learn, fortunately, a lot about the nature of the person that did this,” he observed, “because it goes to this idea of callousness that you could take this fragile little creature and that you could do this. It points in a specific investigative direction.”
Grace pointed out the signifigance of where the child’s body was discovered — on the property of the mother’s father, the child’s grandfather.
“What unknown perp, some mysterious child abductor in a raincoat and covering his face would take the child and then go circle back to the home and hide the body?” asked Grace rhetorically.
“It limits who your pool of who you think is the killer — that the body is right there on the family property. And coincidentally, this grandfather is the one… that first reported her missing,” she added.
Psychoanalyst Dr. Bethany Marshall said that the location of the child’s remains may also indicate something about the killer’s relationship to the property owner.
“I see it as a dumping ground for every thing that reminded the perpetrator about this baby when this baby came in the world,” said Marshall.
“And interestingly enough, the dumping ground, the disposal site for the baby and the baby’s belongings was on the very property of the person who reported her missing — the grandfather. What does that say about the relationship between the perpetrator and the grandfather?
“You know, ‘Here you can have her.'” said Marshall, imitating a potential killer’s frame of mind. “‘I’m going to dump her on your property. You could have all our toys and goods too.'”
“Mommy, Evelyn’s mother, is sitting behind bars right now,” concluded Grace, “But that is cold comfort for the people that love baby Evelyn, we wait as justice unfolds.”
Fox Nation programs are viewable on-demand and from your mobile device app, but only for Fox Nation subscribers. Go to Fox Nation today to start a free trial and watch the extensive library from Tomi Lahren, Pete Hegseth, Abby Hornacek, Laura Ingraham, Ainsley Earhardt, Greg Gutfeld, Judge Andrew Napolitano and many more of your favorite Fox News personalities.
Fox News’ Morgan Phillips contributed to this report.
- Son of Sam survivor details near-death experience in new documentary, wants to meet David Berkowitz
- How California’s Golden State Killer left a trail of horror
- The Zodiac Killer's most uncrackable cipher has, at last, been solved
- Colin Pitchfork release latest – Cops who arrested child killer BLAST decision to let him walk free after 33 years
- Triple murderer Levi Bellfield 'admits to being near murder scene when Lin and Megan Russell were killed in 1996 hammer attack'
- SEE IT: Video Of Murder Suspect Released As Dying Mother Asks Public To Forget ‘No Snitch Code’, Bring Killer To Justice
- London murder: Met Police hunt killer after woman's body found in bushes by dog walker
- Ann Coulter: Why Is Ancestry.com Protecting White Serial Killers?
- Carlos DeLuna Documentary Details Evidence That Texas Executed 'Innocent' Man
- Independent Investigation Into Elijah McClain’s Death Complete, Major Aurora Police Changes Recommended
- Gary Peters’ Report On Jan. 6 Attack At Capitol Details Broad Failures
- Twisted 'Dating Game Killer' won TV show while secretly raping and murdering '130 women'
- Adam Margolis’s horror strangling of girlfriend Mai Vang detailed in court
- Fiera Foods ‘partner’ plant convicted over deaths of two temporary workers
- Quintin Jones dead: Triple killer executed after pleading for mercy in desperate video
- Julia James: Police issue image of man 'who could be key' to PCSO murder investigation
- Government Panel Confirms First Death in India Linked to Covid-19 Vaccination
- Laughing killer cannibal who tricked pals into eating victims' cooked flesh in dumplings
- Sushant Singh Rajput (1986-2020): A Timeline of Bollywood Actor’s Death Case
- India's First: Govt AEFI Panel Confirms Death Of Person After Covid Vaccine Dose
Details from toddler's death scene may lead to killer, says panel of investigators have 1033 words, post on www.foxnews.com at March 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.