West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday roped in Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee to spread awareness of COVID-19. On Saturday, the Chief Minister spoke to Mr. Banerjee and he agreed that he, along with his wife economist Esther Duflo, would help. Mr. Banerjee would also give advice on how to tide over the economic situation in the State, a senior official at the State Secretariat said. Now, a Chief Minister’s message is used to spread awareness. Mr. Banerjee, who along with his wife Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer were awarded Nobel Prize in Economics last year. He completed his graduation with Economics honours from Presidency College in 1981 securing a first class first rank in Calcutta University. During his recent visit to the State to meet his mother in January 2020 the Nobel laureate had expressed his desire to work for the State. In January Mr. Banerjee met the Chief Minister at the State Secretariat.
- Odisha govt. partners with Nobel laureates Abhijit Banerjee-Esther Duflo's J-PAL to minimise poverty
- Nobel Laureate Abhijit Banerjee on Economic Slowdown, Handling Criticism and Taking Forward India's Growth Story
- RBI Not Very Vigilant, Banking Sector Staring at a Big Crisis, Warns Nobel Laureate Abhijit Banerjee
- Homecoming: Nobel winner Abhijit Banerjee to visit paternal house in Kolkata today
- 8 things you must know about Nobel winner Abhijit Banerjee
- West Bengal committed to alleviating poverty, Abhijit Banerjee’s theory will help: Mamata
- Abhijit Banerjee, 2nd Presidency alumni to win Nobel in Economics
- Abhijit Banerjee: Erudite economist’s remarkable academic journey from Kolkata to Massachusetts
- Abhijit Banerjee gets rousing welcome in Kolkata
- Abhijit Banerjee gets trolled after winning Nobel; Meghalaya Guv Tathagata Roy brings in 'Zionist Jews' reference
Coronavirus | West Bengal ropes in Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee to raise awareness have 290 words, post on www.thehindu.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.