It’s fair to say coach Đinh Phương Thanh has experienced a lot in her boxing career, everything from gold glory to doping shame. Coach Đinh Phương Thanh (centre, first row) and her boxers at the 30th Southeast Asian Games in the Philippines last year. — Photo webthethao.vn After about 16 years in and around the sport, Thanh has made many ‘firsts’ and the national head coach is looking for more challenges. Thanh was one of the first female boxers in Việt Nam when the boxing department established in the country in 2004. At that time, the Hanoian 16-year-old was practising the sanshou form of the martial art wushu and had no love for boxing. “Sanshou allowed me to attack with both hands and feet, meanwhile in boxing, only hands were possible. I was so bored that I asked to return to the sanshou team but was refused,” said Thanh. “It was really boring when you are doing what you don’t like. It was even more terrible when you faced many injuries and losses in competitions that challenged your career. I wanted to quit many times.” However, during nearly the first seven years in boxing, Thanh dominated with seven gold medals… Read full this story
- Boxing coach uses Live Transcribe to connect with at-risk youth
- Boxing news: Will Usyk face Ruiz Jr vs Joshua 2 winner after win over Witherspoon?
- We know it’s a challenge but we love facing a challenge in Blackpool
- Clemson looks to new faces to challenge in ACC play
- Is Twitter up to the Olympic challenge?
- I'm waiting for overseas challenge, says double centurion Rohit
- Oklahoma St faces tough challenge Cyclones QB Brock Purdy
- From automakers to manufacturers, Chinese businesses face a challenging environment
- With 3.5 launch, Firefox faces new challengers
- California spam law may face court challenge
Boxing coach Thanh can’t wait to face Olympic challenge have 316 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.