With basically every games event cancelled or postponed by coronavirus concerns, Valve are launching a virtual showcase of games that would have been on show. The Steam Game Festival: Spring Edition will start tonight with over forty games on show and free demos for folks at home to play until Monday. That’s nice, that. I’d be nice if this sort of thing became a permanent fixture of the gaming scene.
Valve held their first Steam Game Festival in December alongside The Game Awards. It was the highlight of that charade and a good idea to revisit – especially now.
With so many public and industry events cancelled, people are trying to come up with alternatives. The Game Developers Conference is broadcasting on Twitch a selection of talks that were due to happen at the industry event this week in San Francisco until it was postponed. Microsoft are livestreaming theirs separately too. It sounds like this latest Steam Game Festival is also focused on substituting for GDC.
Valve say that “the Spring Edition highlights an even larger selection of games from studios who missed out on the chance to demo their games at showcases like Indie Megabooth, Day Of The Devs, and The Mix during this year’s GDC.”
They haven’t confirmed which games will be playable but you can see some of the possibilities in those events’ lineups. I really hope Dead Static Drive from Day Of The Devs is one that’ll get a demo – I’ve been keen to have a go on that for years.
The Steam Game Festival: Spring Edition will start tonight at 10am Pacific (5pm in the UK) then run until 10am PDT on Monday, March 23rd. It will be over here (the page will go up when the event starts).
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
More of this sort of thing
- Is Radical Heights the NEW Fortnite? Players flock to rival battle royale game during downtime
- Fortnite ‘brainwashing boyfriends’ as women call for BAN on addictive video game that ‘stole’ their man
- Fortnite is getting Playground mode that lets you build in safety – here’s what we know
- Pokemon Switch release dates confirmed as THREE new Nintendo Pokemon games announced
- Massive Fortnite bill? An easy guide to stop your kids spending money in the hit video game
- FIFA 19 Preview: EA Sports new game adds Champions League and a touch of Gears of War
- PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch GAMES: The BEST titles coming to your console in 2018
- Steam Is The iTunes Of Video Games
- POLITICO London Playbook: Britain’s top diplomat — Trump vs. the world — A year ago today
- Report: Wales U18 finish Six Nations festival with win over Italy
- Amazon Prime Day 2018 deals – Sony’s PlayStation VR gets you virtual reality for lowest price EVER – now just £230
- Mel and Sue’s new Generation Game… as Brucie might say: ‘Didn’t they do hell?’
- Teaching our kids life lessons is no longer child's play
- Commonwealth Games swimmer 'raped woman after friend had sex with her because he thought that made it OK'
- Apple's Augmented Reality Efforts Gain Steam
- Singer Rick Astley chats joining Foo Fighters on stage, letting go of his ego and a second comeback album
- Heavy rain at Indietracks but Derbyshire music festival is 'triumphant'
- Cheshire Game and Country Fair returns
- Gareth Southgate admits his England World Cup stars ran out of steam
- Ernest Cline interview on Ready Player One, working with Steven Spielberg, and the future of virtual reality
A virtual Steam Game Festival will let you play a load of demos today have 753 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.