The number of foreign tourists visiting Vietnam reached an all-time high of 18 million in 2019, up 16.2 percent year-on-year. The tourism industry also reaped an unprecedented harvest of global awards: the world’s leading heritage destination award and Asia’s leading culinary destination award, for instance, at the World Travel Awards (WTA); not to mention the world’s best golf destination at the international World Golf Awards. The growth and prestige the tourism industry has garnered have been credited to the government’s policies, including visa waivers for nationals of potentially large tourism markets, the launch of new direct flights and the development of world class resorts and entertainment facilities by major Vietnamese investors like the Sun Group. From transit point to tourism hub Just over 10 years ago, the central coastal city of Da Nang was a relatively unknown destination. In 2007, the whole city had less than 1,300 hotel rooms that accommodated about one million domestic and international visitors. The local airport served mostly as a place for domestic flights that tourists took to reach other, more famous destinations in central Vietnam. The turning point came when the city government called on major investors to join hands with the municipality and… Read full this story
- How 5G and IoT contribute to the UK’s world-class vision
- NKOTB aspiring to 'world-class show'
- OtterBox Acquires Boston-Based Protective Film Manufacturer Wrapsol 'To Expand World-Class Product Lineup'
- Trump: Clinton’s a ‘World-Class Liar,’ Brian Williams’ ‘Career Was Destroyed for Saying Less’
- Sprint, T-Mobile Promise “World-Class” 5G In FCC Merger Pitch
- Oscars 2013: Best Song Contender J. Ralph on Scarlett Johansson's 'World-Class' Singing Voice
- World class AI experts share what their favorite algorithm is
- Professor Dame Anne Glover: Scotland’s reputation for world-class research may be destroyed by a no-deal Brexit
- 2020 McLaren 720S Spider first drive review: World-class performance now comes with a view
- How WSDG and Gimlet built world-class podcast recording studios
World class developments give fresh impetus to Vietnam’s tourism hotspots have 327 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.