Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has once again attracted attention for his unusual greeting while having a meeting with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
A video has been shared via social networks showing the Portuguese head of state grabbing Modi’s hand and shaking it quite energetically and for longer than usually expected.
Em viagem à Índia, o Presidente Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa entusiasma-se ao se encontrar com o primeiro-ministro indiano Narendra Modi, e dá-lhe um longo aperto de mão constrangedor. pic.twitter.com/TZuSVDQSnw
— Invictus Portucale (@PT_Invictus) February 15, 2020
The Portuguese president’s extraordinary shaking style received attention two years ago during his meeting with US President Trump, who is also known for his dominating way of shaking hands. That time, however, POTUS seemed to have lost the handshaking battle.
- Kamala Harris meeting PM Modi is 'coming of age' moment for Indian diaspora, says her home state newspaper
- Indian diaspora has distinguished itself across the world: PM Modi
- Key takeaways from PM Modi's visit to the US | Worldview with Suhasini Haidar
- PM Modi In US: Meeting With Australia PM, US Vice-President & Top 5 CEOs | Day 1 Schedule
- News18 Wrap: PM Modi Gets 'Global Goalkeeper' Award, Delhi Court Dismisses Shivakumar's Bail Plea & Other Stories You Missed
- Chirag Paswan Shares PM Modi's Emotional Note For Ram Vilas Paswan On First Death Anniversary
- PM Modi’s US visit schedule: Meeting with Joe Biden & Kamala, Quad summit, UNGA address; and more
- PM Modi interacts with Indian workers in Doha, assures to resolve their issues
- June-July dates for PM Modi's US visit? India & America working on it
- PM Modi, Kamala Harris hold their first in person dialogue; discuss bilateral ties, Indo-Pacific
- PM Modi discusses bilateral, regional, global issues with Australia’s Morrison in U.S. ahead of 1st in-person Quad Summit
- Dig at Pakistan, 'make in India' push: Key takeaways from PM Modi's UNGA address | India News - Times of India
- PM Modi, Mamata, Adar Poonawalla among Time Magazine’s 100 ‘most influential people of 2021’
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People: Taliban's Mullah Baradar, PM Modi, Mamata Find Place
- Narendra Modi Birthday: PM Modi Thanks World Leaders for their Wishes
- PM Modi Greets Dalai Lama on Birthday in Rare Phone Call
- PM Modi in U.S.: Pak-sponsored terrorism, H1B Visa to be discussed, says CFR official
- PM Modi in U.S.: Former Obama advisor says H1B Visa issue won't be sorted out
- PM Modi, Mamata Banerjee, Adar Poonawalla in Time Magazine's ‘100 most influential people of 2021' list
- PM Modi’s visit to Raja Mahendra Pratap varsity | Observers say there is more to it than meets the eye
Watch Portuguese President de Sousa Greet Indian PM Modi With 'Trump Handshake' have 436 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.