The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) is exerting efforts to produce around 6 million antibacterial face masks in February to meet increasing demand amid the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
People queue to buy face masks produced by VINATEX member company (Source: VNA)
In the month, the group is also striving to provide 10 tonnes of fabric every day for garment companies to make medical masks (equivalent to 10 million masks per day).
Due to unpredicted developments of the disease, Vinatex continues giving the priority to making face masks.
The group and its member companies expect to provide nearly 12 million face masks for the market in March.
The World Health Organisation has declared the COVID-19 outbreak a public health emergency of international concern.
To stop the virus from spreading, people are advised to wear face masks and wash hands with santinizers frequently.
In Vietnam, 16 infection cases have been confirmed so far, including 11 in the northern province of Vinh Phuc./.VNA
A working team of the Hanoi Market Surveillance Agency on February 13 found a company in the city using toilet paper to produce face masks for which the demand is running high due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment has asked all cities and provinces to focus on correctly disposing discarded face masks, especially in quarantine sites, in an attempt to stop the spread of COVID-2019.
- Coronavirus: Trump says wear scarves as face masks to fight COVID-19 'plague'
- Amazon bans the public from buying N95 and other face masks during the COVID-19 crisis
- Varsities face salaries crisis amid Covid-19
- Virgin Atlantic to seek millions in state aid amid Covid-19 slump
- HCMC to provide at-home examination for elderly citizens amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Workers face salary cuts as firms fight to survive amid COVID-19
Vinatex to provide 6 million face masks in February amid COVID-19 have 311 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.