Nguyễn Anh Thư, founder and president of the non-profit Women in Aerospace and Aviation, plans to circumnavigate the globe solo in her single-engine LANCAIR IV-P aeroplane from May 15 to July 1, 2020, covering some 26,800 nautical miles or nearly 50,000km. Thư reckons this would make her the first Vietnamese-American and eighth woman in history to do so. She speaks with Châu Yên and Quỳnh Hoa about her daring plan. Intro: Nguyễn Anh Thư grew up in Tuy Hòa City in Phú Yên Province in Việt Nam. As a young girl, she received her education from a UNICEF-built school. At the age of 12, she immigrated to the US. She has overcome innumerable challenges in her life. She was valedictorian at her high school and graduated top 10 at Purdue University with honour. Thư’s story is a typical immigrant story, but she transcends the model minority label and is aiming for something bigger. Thư is founder and president of Women in Aerospace and Aviation, a non-profit organisation which focuses on inspiring the next generations of female pilots. Currently, she is an airline transport pilot and certified flight instructor at AeroVentures Flying Club in Atlanta. She is also advancing her education by pursuing a PhD in Aerospace Engineering… Read full this story
- Finding A Tattoo For A Woman's Tastes - Female Design Ideas For Today
- What Every African American Woman Should Know About Black Skin Care
- Finding A Tattoo For A Woman's Tastes - Crucial Female Design Tips
- African American Music
- Finding A Tattoo For A Woman's Tastes - Crucial Female Design Info
- Finding A Tattoo For A Woman's Tastes - Simple Female Design Info
- Finding A Tattoo For A Woman's Tastes - Critical Female Design Info
- Hardly the Most Famous Men Or Women in American History
- African American Women and Hypertension - Are You at Risk?
- Signs of a Woman's Infidelity, How to See it - Exposed
Vietnamese-American woman blazes trail for female pilots have 332 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.